Resurfacing Girl

"Hey! Kohl I'm home!" I yelled out in me and my brother's shared penthouse, my voice traveling throughout the entire building.

"I can tell", I heard someone say from behind me.

"Fuck!", I jumped turning around to face my older brother who just scared the crap out of me.

"Welcome back Kris".

"Ugh dammit Kohl, how many times do i have to tell you to stop sneaking up on me like that!", I yelled hitting his shoulder.

"Yeah yeah whatever don't try to act all innocent now Kris".

"Huh? I'm not...what the hell are you talking about Kohl?".

"I got a call from school today saying that you got into a fight", he stated, crossing his arms while staring at me expectantly.

I sighed, walking to my room mumbling, "Of course, of fucking course you did".

"Kris don't worry, I'm not mad at you, I'm.....I'm just fucking confused as to why you were fighting", he said making his way to my desk and taking a seat in my pink spinny chair.

I sighed again, plopping down on my bed, face front, "Fuck i don't know, i guess i was just.....set off".

"By what?".

"I...i dunno", i replied, focusing on my hand that was plucking the pink fur from my cover, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"That's a lie".

"Wha-".

"I know you're lying, you never make eye contact when you lie".

I just stared at him shocked by his ability to read me so well, but i guess it was to be expected given the fact that we've been together for our entire lives.

I was too shocked to even respond to him, so he continued.

"I mean, I haven't heard a call for a fight at school since that one incident back in....middle school with....Mina", he trailed off.

Silence.

Something inside me snapped at that & i stood up, glaring at him with hatred in my eyes & a hint of sadness.

"Don't you fucking dare bring that up!", I yelled, pointing my finger at him.

He stood up Angrily.

"I can talk about it all I want to! Why the Fuck do you keep getting so butthurt about it!? It happened 3 FUCKING years ago, Just get over it!", He yelled back stepping closer to me.

"Because it was a big deal Kohl! It might be something small to you because you didn't witness what went down every single day in the classrooms, you didn't witness the many times i cried alone, you didn't witness my many breakdowns Kohl, you didn't witness ANY of it! it hurt me to the point where i broke!", I had noticed that my voice cracked a bit & i knew why.