A girls Parents

"Hi Hanji, H-hi Mina".

I had decided to take the direct approach as to avoid any awkward confrontation, and to my surprise both of them actually said something in return.

"Hey!".

"......Sup".

The response from Mina was short and I could tell that she hesitated a little beforehand….but hey, it was something right? 

"Why are you just standing there girl? Sit down!", Hanji said, grabbing my chair and pulling it out for me.

"R-right….", I took my seat, nodding to her in thanks, "T-thankyou".

"No problem! Anyway, why weren't you at school yesterday? Is everything alright with you?".

"Huh? Yeah, everything is fine, why?".

"Ah ok, I was just curious".

I nodded in response and startled when I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me in close.

"H-hanji!".

"Look Ymir", Hanji dropped her voice to a whisper and looked over my shoulder for a split second before coming back down to speak into my ear, "just between you and me….do you know what's going on with Mina or Krista? They've been acting hella weird, they haven't answered any of my text that I sent in the MKH (Mina, Krista, Hanji) groupchat even though they usually do, and Mina has been hella quiet today. I know I haven't done anything to make either of them uncomfortable, at least I don't think I have, but you talk to both of them as well, right? Do you know if something happened between her and Krista? Something that I don't know about?".

Hm? Something that she doesn't know abo--

…………..

Oh.

She wants to know if something happened between Krista and Mina?

Uh, hell yeah, something happened between Krista and Mina, but I'm gonna play coy with this one. If Hanji doesn't know then that means that no one told her, and if her best friend's didn't tell her their own business then I have no right to tell her either.

Putting on my best confused expression, I whispered, "Oh no, I don't know anything b-but I hope that those 2 are alright, they're both such good friends, I would hate for something to happen to them".

"Aw, that's too bad", She pulled away sadly, "I was hoping that you knew something but I guess not….".

"N-nope, nothing….".

I wrung my hands together under the table as beads of sweat started to form on my body.

Hanji was staring at me, intensely might I add and it was….unsettling, Skeptical even…. almost as if she didn't believe me….

"U-uhm, w-why are you l-looking at me like that?".

"No reason in particular, just--", She leaned down again like she did before, her eyebrows squinted in an expression I couldn't describe, "Are you sure that you don't know what's going on?".

Omg, omg, I'm really about to lie to this girl. I'm really about to lie to her. I shouldn't, I really shouldn't but it's the right thing to do. I'm doing the right thing! F-for Krista and Mina...