Chapter 3: The Reaper Leviathan

(Y/n) smiled.

The (hair-colored) human stood in satisfaction. They've been moving their equipments and resources from the Cyclop into the Precursor's Primary Containment Facility - making it a temporary base for (L/n).

It was a huge chamber, the walls - the same black polished steel - lined with alien computer equipment, electronics and machines that blinked and flickered with a life of their own. (Y/n)'s tools were awkwardly tossed in the corner next to Precursors' working bench.

"I hope the Precursors don't mind... not like they're returning any time soon."

And of course, the most important thing they brought was the "Stay Calm" Kitty Poster. Now this Precursors' Base felt more like home.

"There it goes... I need my Positive Mental Attitude!"

The Aquarium was perfectly calm, like a peaceful lake, and its soft murmurs were scarcely audible. Below the ruffled water surface were different fishes : they are small, yet fast. They swam peacefully leaving a small dart of golden enzyme.

The Sea Emperor swam slowly like it usually did for the past 1500 years within this Prison that was called an Aquarium. They've been here for as long as it gets - But Alas this time, the Emperor swam impatiently.

They've been thinking about the Human being that visits them - (Y/n)

They aren't like the Native of this planet. A Precursor is a precise and evolved being - they move strong, their steps are calculated. But the humans don't seem to function that way. (Y/n) would make casual miscalculation which would lead her/his to redo things again. But Whether it was a good treat or a bad one; the Emperor knew well what the Human owned but the Precursors didn't - emotions.

The Leviathan can sense (Y/n)'s fear, love, excitement and anger whenever they encounter something new. They would get amazed by the most colorful plants, they would flinch whenever a new creature approaches them.

'Are all 'humans' capable of sympathy?' Wondered the Emperor.

For the rest of the day, The Sea Emperor Leviathan would stare up at the platform from which (Y/n) always comes from, hoping that they would arrive soon. They were gone the whole day.

But Alas, no sound was heard nearby.

In the meantime: The Prawn Suit pitched and rolled like a frantic child thrashing about in the waters of the choppy and wallowing Sea.

(Y/n) held tight to the prawn suit railing, his/her knuckles white. Controlling the mechanical suit, they moved it forward into the depth of the ocean. Through squinting eyes , (L/n) drank in the sight of the waves, the garish lights of the surface is barely reaching. The Human Survivor was now bellow 400m below the ocean surface, in search of a Sea Crown sample.

"It's awfully quiet in here... something's fishy" - (L/n) made a horrible pun, despite the gloomy atmosphere. Speaking of fishes - there were barely any around... that could mean only one thing.

That's a Reaper territory.

The roaring and pounding obliterated all other sounds and (Y/n)'s mind was awash with exhilaration. Where ever it was - it was roaming in circles , making (Y/n) hard to indicate from which side the Leviathan is Coming. Her/his muscles had frozen in place, there was no running away.

The (Gender) moved their prawn suit faster, they had to swim a little closer to get to a cave system which contained those Sea Crowns plants. Upon smelling the Human's fear - a Serpent like monster noticed the moving vehicle.