Chapter 4: Bob's Feather?

Story on Quotev : https://www.quotev.com/story/9625851/For-the-Sake-of-Survival-Sea-Emperor-x-Reader

________________

(Y/n) yawned

As they rouse from a heavy slumber, they're first aware of the coolness of the air and it's loamy fragrance. The Precursors' base is solid and cold. (Y/n) half wonders if she/he is still dreaming as they sit up to take in the shafts of green light that bursts through the research facility. Now they're awake, perhaps more enthusiastically than they're ever been.

Yesterday's Memories flowed through (Y/n)'s head: the Bulb Zone - The reaper. The human scanned themselves in search for any injuries, but luckily there were none. (Beside the kharaa infection obviously)

"Oh thank goodness, I'm alive!" - signing in relief, the (gender) stood up happily, ready to kiss the alien surface below them. But there was no time, for (Y/n) had to get back working.

The Human skipped to a research lab;

In there, (L/n) scooped closer into an Aline working Bench where all their equipments were neatly stored. Upon scanning the Flora that (Y/n) collected, the PDA stored information into the data bank - the Sea Crown.

"This plant consists primarily of a large sack containing a huge variety of bacterial species, which may enable it to break down complex compounds it draws from the root system. Environment scans indicate this plant is rare to the point of extinction."

"To the point of extinction?! You're saying it now? I would've been more careful with it... perhaps I'll plant some of them in the Aquarium of the Sea Emperor." - this organic plant was harvestable, and if it contains huge variety of microorganisms, then that's exactly what the Sea Emperor Leviathan requires for its habitat.

"I'll do that when I'll see the Emperor later on, next thing I need to find...uuh?" Searching for any specific materials , The Hatching enzyme requires a substance that filters sediments from the environment. And the only familiar Flora that could do that was a Gabe's Feather.

"Who's Gabe? What kind of bootleg translations am I getting recently? Unless the aliens here were so creative at naming stuff. Why couldn't they name it Bob's Feather?"

"Aquariums provide an ideal opportunity to study alien fauna up close. Select carefully which lifeforms you bring onboard - they may also be studying you"

"Stop sassing me."

After using a Warp Gate to reach outside; (Y/n) was swimming around the Deep Sparse Reef , a grumpy expression plastered on their face. In their hands was a disinfected wobbly peeper.

The water was uncommonly clear, so much so that it was impossible to gauge the depth. The rocks around could be ten feet down or forty; one depth was dive-able and the other was not. Instead (Y/n) tried to guess the terrain of the Sparse Reef from their Seaglide - who provided a small scan of the surface.

"Gabe's feather grows almost exclusively in deeper waters, where its hand-like leaves have evolved to filter sediment from the environment. The fastest route - Sparse trenches. Caution : Reaper Leviathan territory nearby."

"I hate the oceane, I hate the oceane ,I hate-" - (Y/n) muttered under their breath. They need to enter those cave systems, but due to the Reaper who tried to kill them yesterday - it's a game of life and death. So the human decided to do what the Emperor Leviathan asked for.

Feed the Reaper Leviathan.

"Heeey, Reaper Reaper Reaper... I brought you some foood~!" The (Gender) awfully sang, their voice cracking out of fear.