Chapter 12: Escapism

On planet 4546B a human survivor was no longer lonesome. They were now in care of 5 young Leviathans.

The sky shone azurite blue behind small fluffs of clouds. (Y/n) could feel the sun rays like a warm embrace around them, causing red streaks to cut the deep blue. Every wave was clothed in a million shimmering stars, which twinkled from a single move. The day was blazing hot.

(Y/n) would swim around the safe shallows - the very first place Aurora crashed in, and the very first place where they built their mini base as a temporary shelter. Now it was time to inhabit that base yet again. The tiny Sea emperors swam behind (L/n), like small whales who swam under their mother. Jeffery, Billy, Samwise, Marshall, and Sean all followed her/him throughout the biomes and awe at every little ounce of organic life.

"ᴹᵃᵐᵃ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ?

ᴼᵒʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ? ᴵᵗ'ˢ ˢʰᶦⁿʸ?

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ˢᵒ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗᶦᶠᵘˡ, ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ʷᵉ?"

They would mumble and coo at every move within the ocean, like the wondrous adventurers that they are! (Y/n)(L/n) smiled, looking back at those kids - Their cyan eyes are more brilliant than (y/n) could have dreamed they would be, their paddle-like claws are small, more delicate. They were tiny, light within the human's embrace, as their little tendrils wobbled aimlessly.

"Do you want to see what these shiny stones and plants are?" (Y/n)'s enthusiasm would radiate onto the younglings which brought even more excitement to their little bright eyes. "ʸᵉˢ! ʸᵉˢ! ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵉ, ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ, ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒᵒ!"

"These are rubies. They are hard stones but shine the brightest red!" - the 26-year-old (Gender) held a raw ruby, presenting it to the young leviathans "Aren't they marvelous? You can build different things with these... Oh, I wish I could show you a sapphire too."

"ᴼᵒᵒʰ, ᶦᵗ'ˢ ˢᵒ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ,

ᴵ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʳᵉᵈ, ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢ ʳᵉᵈ?

ᶜᵃⁿ ᴵ ᵗᵃˢᵗᵉ ᶦᵗ?"

As any mother would do, (Y/n) swam around different biomes, presenting all kinds of flora and materials - she/he showed every kind of iron, told about all kinds of stories about the hostile Leviathans that anyone would quiver in awe and fear. But it only brought more excitement within the young alien Sea Emperors.

And thus the adventure and curiosity began as they swam, from biome to biome. With simple yet flexible movements, the (Gender) dived in right in front the young children, taking in the lead to show them the ocean. Perhaps it was the Enzyme that powered the human, or just durability that they got through the 2 years of surviving on this hostile planet - but now, (Y/n) swam so easily that they cruised along the lanes for two hours with barely a reduction in speed or the feeling of tiredness

"Come on, kids. No slacking in the far back." Jeffrey, Billy, Samwise, Marshall, and Sean all glided behind, keeping track with their human 'parent'.

Through the days and night they wandered around, discovering new location and creatures, all the while (Y/n) kept focusing on finding the right material for their new project - the Neptune Escape Rocket.

While scavenging for materials, (Y/n) would see a Warper swimming nearby. Scanning infected fauna. It still brought great unease to the (gender) survivor as they remembered that they were hostile towards her/him in the past. But that was no more - now, the Warper would just stare at the human, unmoving, generating weird circuiting noises.