13.

That spicy, masculine scent engulfed my every sense, his body heat seeping right through my skin, my entire being now slowly pulsating with need as the shedding process slowly started to take its place inside of me.

Oh no...

"G-get your h-hands off me!" I whimpered, feeling so helpless and scared as the burning sensation only increased, like a magnet drawing me right towards him, my skin practically tingling wherever his touched mine.

No...this isn't supposed to happen...

"Wow, you didn't seem to mind it though, last night...
Quite the contrary, actually..." I heard him say as I struggled to keep myself focused, not failing to also notice the evident trace of confidence and amusement lacing his tone, only now truly realizing he had actually slept right next to me the entire night, the mere thought making me cringe but also, inexplicably bringing a faint blush to my cheeks.

Feeling him finally stepping away, I breathed in relief, preparing myself to support my weight on my own feet, planning to lock myself in the bathroom, away from him and his annoying, alluring scent until this damned yet natural process passed.

But right after the first step, another wave of agonizing pain shot right through me, so unbearable that I instantly collapsed on the wooden floor with a small whimper.

"You've got to be kidding me!" He frustratedly muttered, quickly grabbing my shoulders to lift me up, the small skin contact though seeming to have a certain effect, the harsh pain momentarily subsiding, replaced by another, much more intense feeling, my breaths becoming more short and laboured as I panicked at the foreign sensation crossing my entire being.

"What's happening why are you-

Holy shit, you're burning up!" His hand moved to my forehead -apparently to measure my body temperature- his other arm efortlessly holding me by the waist, my entire frame slowly trembling against his as I struggled to keep myself in check, feeling the warm, thick liquid already prickling from my feminine parts, quickly making its way down my thighs.

Holy mother of gods! It's happening way too fast!

My eyes instantly widened in alarm, feeling my head spinning, beads of sweat already forming all over my skin as my body temperature practically skyrocketed, shakily grabbing fistfuls of his simple dark t-shirt, knowing that I definitely won't be able to make it on my own...
So with a trembling, strained voice I finally croaked up at him,
"Bathroom...now..."

"What? Why, what's-"

His questioning tone suddenly died out the moment his gaze followed mine, noticing the huge puddle of crimson liquid already pooling at my feet. Normally, I would feel so embarrased for he have seen me in this state...Only now it was obviously way too late for that...

Without even wasting another moment, he quickly slid his arms under my back and knees, easily cradling me close to his chest, my already soaked t-shirt dampening his as he hastily carried my tortured, heated body inside the very spacious bathroom.

Gently placing my violently trembling body on the counter by the sink, I grabbed the edge, trying to keep myself still as I watched him discard his t-shirt and boots, the sight of that chiseled torso, however, causing a weird tingle crossing my lower stomach, totally unable to tear my gaze away from him, no matter how much I tried.

Stupid goddess hormones!

Another pained whimper escaped my lips, tears forming in my eyes as a new, stronger wave of raw pain shot through my womb, followed by a large amount of thick, crimson blood oozing down my inner thighs, my nails almost breaking as I gripped the marble edge even harder.

Whoever my father was, I curse him! I hate being a damned hybrid!

Quickly rushing right towards me, he then carefully cradled me to his chest once again, walking us both inside the shower cabin.
And since my body was still practically burning he turned on the cold, freezing water, sitting us both on the cabin floor, holding me in between his legs, my back resting against his warm torso.

The skin contact and cold water seemed to have a soothing effect as the pain slowly started to fade away, small replicas shooting throughout my entire being from time to time, making me writhe in his embrace as he held me even tighter, hours passing until my body finally gave up the fight, slowly but surely losing consciousness.

"I had to. I had to take you away from them...
They are the monsters, not you.

You don't have to try to take your life away...
They are the monsters, not you..."

Those last words echoed in my ear like a gentle whisper, the sound of his soothing voice and the smooth vibration of his chest caressing my back lulling me even further away from reality, until everything slowly faded to darkness.

_________________________