28.

The soft fabric of his dark t-shirt lightly caressed my skin with every small movement as I took another step, deeply staring up into those piercing black eyes, still feeling those tiny sparks vividly pulsating inside me, reminiscing every touch and every kiss...

Every moment we shared...

My cheeks tinted a deep shade of red as I kept remembering those specific moments, struggling to calm my lightly trembling body as he touched me once again, gingerly wrapping his bare arms around me, and with a swift move those lush ebony black wings sprouted from behind his completely bare torso, beautifully shining in the timidly rising sunrays.

The feathery touch of his lips pressing a light kiss over my forehead left a small trail of tingles dancing on my skin, right before we darted towards the perfectly clear sky, my arms instinctually wrapping around his neck, listening to the powerful flap of his wings combined with the equally powerful, steady beats of his heart as I gently rested my head against his solid chest.

Closing my eyes, I let myself fall into a deep, peaceful state of oblivion, letting that powerful heartbeat be my sweet lullaby, drowning myself in his masculine, very addictive scent.

Feeling the soft commotion briefly disturbing my peaceful limbo, I slowly fluttered my eyelids open, noticing we were already back in the same penthouse we shared from a while ago.

Carefully placing me down, he then gingerly slid his palm at the back of my neck, those two obsidian gems switching to dark brown for the briefest moment once again as they so intensely stared right back into mine, my lips slightly parting in utter amazement, simply gazing up at him, speechless.

"Wh...Why is this happening?" I lightly stuttered, struggling to search for the right words, unconsciously raising my palm to touch his cheek, feeling the light stubble gently tickling my skin.

Those plump lips timidly formed a dimpled smile, the whole universe seeming to reflect once again in those black voids as those simple, yet so confusing words came out,

"It's you. You are the reason.
You are making it happen."

"Wha..."

I simply stared up at him, too lost to even try to form a coherent sentence, watching how he took a step closer, filling the tiny space between us, my pulse quickening as I obviously knew what was about to happen. But before those soft lips could even reach mine once again, the air suddenly changed in that very spacious room, the ghostly sensation of being watched crawling up my spine like a thousand cold rivulets, Raphael's hold on my body suddenly turning a little tighter, becoming rather protective.

Raising my sight to look into those dark eyes, I ultimately noticed how his gaze quickly darted somewhere past me, those beautiful features suddenly contorting into a frown.

"Raphael?" I worriedly stared up at him, pressing myself even closer against him as deep dread slowly started to creep up inside me, that awful sensation only increasing by the second.

"I can sense your stinky ass, you know. So whoever the fuck you are, I suggest you reveal yourself before I lose my temper and find you myself.

And trust me, that definitely wouldn't end well for you."

My eyes instantly widened, practically feeling the rage and distress seeping through every pore of Raphael's still half-naked body, watching how those coal irises turned even darker -if that was even possible- as a feminine, suave voice suddenly broke through the very tensed silence,

"Took you a while, archangel. I must say your hyper senses are turning a little rusty."

Quickly turning around, I finally noticed the tall, athletic beauty currently adressing to Raphael, standing right next to an equally beautiful, strong-built male.

Gods.

"Or is it love turning you a tad soft and sloppy?
Funny, I didn't know fallen archangels could love," She mockingly commented, her brightly shining azure eyes landing on me as she uttered that last word, my gaze warily travelling all over her olympian attire, only now noticing the translucent silvery arrow shily peeking from her messenger bag.

Hermes' arrows.

Without even wasting another moment, I fully turned and pressed my back against Raphael's chest in a rather protective manner, knowing the arrow would be harmless for me since I had god blood running through my veins...Can't say the same for an archangel though.

I watched how both the gods' sculptured features contorted into curious stares as I stood right in front of Raphael, seemingly taken aback by my sudden, so surprising action.

"Daya..." Raphael's gentle, surprisingly calm tone instantly reached my ears, feeling his soft hand gingerly gripping my shoulder, trying to pull me aside, yet to no avail.

No way in Underworld I was going to let them harm him. I simply couldn't.

"Brave, aren't we, child?" She expressed a malicious smirk, but before I could even answer, Raphael quickly stepped in,

"Okay, enough with the crap, Eos. What the fuck do you want?"

My eyes instantly widened, surprised that he would actually know them, until the goddess' wicked laughter suddenly reached my ears, followed by her ominous answer,

"Oh, the task is simple. Step aside and hand us over our dear niece."

________________________
Hey guys, I'm back ;)
Sorry for the long wait tho... I kinda felt uninspired...
I really knew what I was about to write next but I simply couldn't find the right words :( Has that ever occured to any of you guys?

I gotta say it's a real nasty feeling :(

Hope you enjoyed the chapter tho and I promise I'll try to update ASAP

xoxo,
Lala