20.

Fearfully staring up at him, I clumsily scrambled backwards, warily watching how he also took a few slow steps forward, a very relaxed expression marring his aristocratic features.

"There's no need to run, darling. In spite of whatever dear Raph must've told you about me, I am not going to hurt you.
I am not a rabid animal like those stupid lycans," He calmly explained, the hint of a small smile dancing on his thin lips as he slightly bent forward.

"Now, let me help you get up," He stretched his hand out for me to take, expecting.

I warily stared between his hand and composed expression for a few moments, and since I didn't find any other plausible option, I reluctantly reached his long, pale fingers, also feeling his surprisingly cool skin against mine.

With one, gentle tug he efortlessly rose me up to my feet, like a newborn deer lightly wobbling on my broken heel.
Careful not to let me fall, he instantly grabbed my elbow, unintentionally -or so I thought- pulling me even closer against him, until my chest almost brushed against his dress vest.

Timidly raising my sight to look up at him, I ultimately noticed how those crimson rings became a little thinner as his pupils considerably dilated, taking a generous intake of breath.

"Pardon my boldness, but I must say you do smell absolutely delightful, my darling."

My eyes instantly widened, with every second becoming even more alarmed as I noticed how his demeanor rapidly changed, turning visibly darker.

Oh no.

"Excuse me," I lightly pushed at his chest, trying to create some distance between us,
"But I have to get back to Raphael."

"Aww, so soon? Why don't you accompany me for a little longer?" He insisted, his grip on my arm only becoming firmer, to the point where it almost hurt, small tears prickling at the corners of my eyes as for the first time in my life, I felt truly afraid.

"I don't want to be here, please let me go," My voice trembled, trying to release myself from his vice grip, obviously to no effect as he only held onto me even tighter.

"Now now, darling, don't be such a mood killer. I only want just a taste," He leisurely whispered, knocking the air out of my lungs as I suddenly found myself pressed against the nearest wall, trapped by his much larger body.

"I want to know why do you seem so...special to our dear Raph," The cold, frightening sensation of his fingers sliding at the back of my neck to  unclasp the leathery collar only fueled my fear for him as I widely stared up at his darkened features and wicked smile, too petrified to even dare move.

His head slowly dipped, his palms now gliding up my thighs in unison with his nose skimming against my bare neck, my entire frame lightly shaking as I could only imagine what was about to happen.

"Please-"

My weak begging was suddenly interrupted by the weird sound escaping his throat,
"Mm...god blood...and...angel?"

His gaze instantly found mine once again, a hint of astonishment dancing in his eyes,
"My my, you really are special. A one of a kind, to be more specific," He murmured, once again giving me that wicked smile.

"This is going to be fantastic," He whispered mostly to himself, that frightening grin only deepening, a pair of perfectly white, sharp canines now slowly elongating.

"Now, hold on tight darling. This will hurt just a little."

Watching in horror how he slowly dipped his head again, aiming straight towards my neck, I almost immediately reacted and did the only thing my mind urged me to; scream.

Grave silence followed, the sounds of my own shallow breaths being the only ones reaching my ears, until the heavy thud of something, or more like someone collapsing on the marble floor pierced the tensed air, my gaze ultimately landing on the motionless body laying at my feet, a large chunk of his throat completely missing.

Arias.

Too shocked to even react, I then slowly rose my sight, ultimately noticing the man now standing just a few steps away, meticulously wiping the blood from his hand with a small handkerchief.

Simply throwing it away, he then rearranged his black dress jacket, a pair of silvery gray eyes instantly meeting mine as he finally rose his sight, offering a warm smile as he asked,
"Are you okay, miss?"

Blinking a few times, I simply failed to answer as I kept staring at him, not even sure how to react.

Watching how he took a few small steps right towards me, I instinctually cowered in fear, pressing myself once again against the same wall I was pinned just moments ago, holding my hands balled into fists close to my chest.

Obvious concern marred his finely carved features, instantly stopping himself at a fair distance,
"Please don't be afraid. I am not going to hurt you."

Yeah, I've heard that before, and trust me, it didn't end well...

Was what I really wanted to say, yet kept silent, attentively examining him from head to toe.
Jet black hair, just like Raphael's complemented his tanned skin tone, only accentuating that molten sliver in his eyes, his strong jaw and well-defined features making him resemble to an angel.

Maybe he is, just like Raphael...

I wondered, my gaze trailing on his suit-clad lean figure, not failing to also notice how his hand slowly extended towards me. But before he could say or do anything else, I suddenly found myself whisked away, a warm body firmly pressing against my back, his strong arms securely wrapped around me, that familiar spicy, masculine scent now completely engulfing me instantly making me recognise the owner.

"Raphael..." The man seemed a little bit surprised as he now stood a few feet away from us, curiously eyeing the way Raphael almost fiercely held me against him, the said gesture though somewhat giving me a small sense of security.

"Hello, brother," He greeted back, yet the small hint of bitterness lacing his tone didn't go unnoticed.

Wait, brother?!?

My head instantly turned to a side and upwards, noticing the deep frown marring his features, those endless black voids blazing with pure anger.

Wow...what is going on here?

"Fancy meeting you here," The man's smooth, melodious voice drew my attention once again, my gaze landing back on him.

"Yeah, whatever..." I heard Raphael rudely answer, seconds before he turned to leave, tugging me along with him.

"Wait! Aren't you going to introduce me to your beautiful date?"

Raphael abruptly stopped after those simple words, something dark now flickering within his gaze as he turned to look back at his brother.

"Why of course," His dark, malicious tone sent cold shivers down my spine, making me wonder what was he up to, seconds before those simple, yet so meaningful words tumbled out his lips,

"Daya, meet your father, Lucifer. Lucifer, meet your daughter, Daya."

_________________________