24.

Father...

That specific word sounded so strange in my mind, no matter how many times I kept repeating it, continuously remembering how those silvery grey eyes held so much warmth and sincerity as they firstly gazed upon me.

My father...

So many questions kept rising inside my head, with each new one feeling even more and more desperate for answers.

Glancing at the intimidating male casually sitting on the counter, absently toying with the small yet very sharp blade in his hand I then nervously shifted in my seat, taking a deep breath as I willed myself to finally speak.

"Is there any chance I could see him again?" My voice sounded so small and weak yet louder than I had expected, resonating through the spacious kitchen.

His every movement abruptly stopped, that dark gaze ultimately landing on me, my already tensed body almost cowering under its intensity.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" His harsh tone suddenly breaking through the very tensed silence forced the tiniest flinch escape my body, remaining completely silent as I blankly stared up at him.

"What makes you think that I would want to meet him ever again?" That single question instantly crushed all my hopes on ever seeing the one who contributed at my creation again as I obviously had no clue on how to find him, even if I'd eventually escape this damned place.
A single, stray tear made its way down my cheek, lowering my head as I once again felt so hopeless, all my thoughts momentarily forgotten as I suddenly heard him also say,

"What makes you think that I would deliberately meet any of them ever again?"

"Them?" My gaze instantly snapped back up, curiously staring at his somewhat conflicted self, noticing how his features contorted into a frightening glower, those pitch black voids seeming like they could end my very existence on spot.

"Forget that I ever said those words."

Nervously fiddling with the hem of my t-shirt I hesitated for a few moments, harshly biting my lower lip as I struggled to keep my mouth shut, until those words suddenly tumbled out on their own,
"A-are "they" your other brothers?"

It seems I have woken up with a death wish today.

The sharp sound of something violently shattering against the opposite wall made me jump in my seat, ultimately noticing he had actually thrown a ceramic bowl across the room, his entire appearance now completely terrifying as he pointedly stared down upon me, breathing fast and hard.

Holy gods.

Without even blinking a second time, I got up from my seat and ran straight towards the main door, not even thinking about the fact that it was probably still locked. And once my hand landed on the doorknob, forcefully twisting it, it surprised the living breath out of me as I ultimately discovered it was actually unlocked.

My eyes instantly went wide as I stared at the foreign, unexplored hallway for a few seconds, until I quickly remembered that a threatening, dangerous fallen was probably right behind, on the verge of catching me in his merciless claws. So with a quick intake of breath I bolted outside the apartment, running down the long hallway like my life depended on it -probably because it actually did- until I reached a flight of stairs, taking two at a time as I hastily climbed down, trying to put as much distance as possible between the psychotic fallen and I.

Pushing myself to go a little faster I kept on climbing down the long sets of stairs, after only a few minutes finally reaching the bottom, suddenly finding myself in a rather large main hallway, the glass doors standing between my freedom and I just a couple of steps away.

Come on Daya. You can do this.

I mentally encouraged myself, my knees lightly shaking as I feared of another disastrous encounter with any of the innocent humans roaming outside since it was broad daylight, only now feeling the cool marble beneath my bare feet as I finally took a few, hesitant steps.

Only just as I was about to reach the metal handle, strong arms suddenly wrapped around me like constrictor snakes, threatening to snap my bones, that familiar heat and spicy scent sending a cold shiver run down my spine as I recognised the owner.

"You will be punished for this."

_________________________
Hey guys, sorry for the relatively long wait, but I had a lot going on lately :(
Hope it was worth waiting tho and promise to update ASAP ;)

Until next time,
yours truly,
Lala ❤️