Broken

Prologue

"Qui malus daemon, et transferam vos in nomine Domini omnipotentis. Revertimini ad te, et auferam a puero Pittes teterrimus ille daemon infernalis!" My 'father' screamed over my battered eight year old body as my 'mother held me down.

Over the years I grew accustomed to the treatment I endured from my 'parents'. They always told me that I had the devil in me so since the age of three, they have beaten, stabbed, sliced, burned and broken me in so many was that I've lost count all the hopes of getting the 'demon' out of me.

My father lowers the blade in his hand and begins slicing at my arms again. This isn't the first time that they have cut my arms in an effort to try and bleed the evil out of me, after all the times that they have attempted this my arms are now a mass of scared flesh.

I knew not to scream, if I did they would shove something in my mouth or try to strangle me.

The blade parts my flash and I flinch a little from the pain and that earns me a punch in the face from my mother.

' Father removes the blade from my skin after the first cut and lifts his head to look into my eyes. He smiles at me before turning back to my arm but before he could cut me again there's banging on the door and yelling of 'police'.

Him and mother look at each over my battered and bleeding body before they both look at me with a crazed look in their eyes. The banging on the door is getting louder.

'Mother' placed her hands over my mouth as 'father' raised the blade and brought it down into my stomach. My eyes widened from the pain and I whimpered as 'mother moved her hands from my mouth and placed them around my throat.

"We will not allow the demon free into the world, if we cannot remove it we will kill you along with it." Father said and yanked the blade out just as the front door was broken down.

"Hurry Elijah!" 'Mother said squeezed my throat tighter. Black dots were spotting my vision but I saw as 'father' lifted the blade again, this time love my heart.

There was a loud crash and father froze in his movements.

"Police, Freeze!!"

"Drop the knife!!"

The police had found us and I saw my father still hesitating as he looked at them, then back at me and his face hardened. He started to slam the blade down and the room erupted in gun shoots. His body jerked and he fell towards me with the blade still in his hand.

With my half closed eyes I watched as the blade came towards my face. The tip dug into my face and I felt as it sliced from above my eyebrow over the back of eyelid and down my cheek before clattering to the floor.

His dead body dropped on top of me and I could hear the officers in the room as they shouted out instructions to each other.

A female officer came over to me and started talking to me as the other officers took his body off of me.

The woman was putting pressure on my wounds and telling me to hold on.

The ambulance came three minutes later and took my limp body off of the bed and placed me on the stretcher. I looked to the side and saw my fathers bullet ridden body on the floor and on the other side of the room was my mothers with a hole in her head.

" How could these people do this to their own daughter?" One of the officers asked as they wheeled me out to the ambulance.

They placed a mask over my face and right before I succumed to the darkness I had one final thought.

They should have let them kill me.