First Impressions

I walked towards the office to pick up my schedule , as soon as I stepped inside the woman behind the desk lifted her head and sniffed the air.

Her brows furrowed as she looked at me, probably wondering what type of supernatural I was, I wasn't going to give her any information.

As I got closer to her desk she smoothed out her expression into a happy one and smiled at me.

"Good morning dear, how may I help you?" She asked and I frowned at her endearment.  I never liked the idea of strangers calling me things like sweetheart, dear, honey, or anything like that. For some reason it felt really wrong to me.

"I'm new here and I need my schedule." I tell her and her eyes widen. Inwardly I sigh as she looks at me as if I'm the second coming. As I grew up I noticed that when I spoke people would stop what they we're doing and look at me in a strange way and hang on to my every word. The first time they hear my voice it's almost as if they're under a spell but more I speak the less affect it would have on them.

It got to a point that when I was thirteen I had a stalker who tried to kidnap me just so he could listen to me speak forever. Those were his words.

After that incident I started to take boxing lessons and then moved on to different styles from there. I never wanted to end up in a situation like that again. I trained with knives and guns and sometimes even swords.

I had to clear my throat three times before the woman snapped out of it and looked at me, her face flushed and she started shuffling papers on her desk.

"I'm sorry dear, I don't know what's come over me. What's the name?" She asked and stopped shuffling to look up at me.

"Samantha Vespillo." I said and she smiled at me and nodded her head as she typed on her computer and the printer behind soon started. She reached back and pulled the papers free before handing them to me.

I mumbled a thanks and walked out of the office and into the crowed hall. The students looked like everyday kids but I could feel the different energies radiating off of them that identified their species.

A lot of people looked my way but I was undeterred as I made my way to my locker, I looked at the paper in my hand once more to make sure I was going the right way.

I found my locker but there was at least eight people leaning on or around it, I sighed as I walked up to their group and the conversation they were having stopped and they all turned to face me.

A familiar face drew my attention to the short blonde. She glared at me but I ignored her.

"That's her Drake, that's the girl who attacked me earlier, will you punish her for me baby? Please." She whined in an annoyingly high pitched voice.

The one named Drake looked down at her and smiled before he looked back up at me with angry green eyes.

The rest of what I now guessed to be their wolf pack moved to circle me, all conversation stopped as everyone once again focused on me.

Drake pushed off the locker behind him which happened to be mine and the one I've been trying to reach for the last three minutes.

"You attacked my mate?" He asked with a growl. I just looked at him with a blank face.

That seemed to anger him, being as he's the next or current alpha (don't know and don't care to know which) he was probably used to most people answering and respecting him.

I'm not most people.

"I asked you a question!" He shouted now, making all the wolves in the hall flinch and bow their heads because of the alpha tone he used but I didn't move I just looked at him.

"I need to get to my locker." I tell him and I watch as nearly everyone succumbs to the sound of my voice.

Drake was the first one to shake off it's affects, his brow furrowed as he looked around at everyone else before looking back at me.

"What did you do to them!?" He demands as he closes the distance between us and reaches his hand out, like I did with his girlfriend earlier I stepped to the side and avoided his hand. The others in the room were coming out of the trance and looking at each other for answers as to what just happened.

I moved around Drake and finally made it to my locker after such a long wait, but before I could pull it open a hand slammed into the locker by the side of my face. I didn't flinch, I just looked at the thick arm next to my head.

I sighed and turn around to face an angry Drake. I tilted my head and regarded him with a bored expression. He leaned in closer until our faces are only a few inches apart.

"I asked you what did you do to them?" He snarls as everyone watches.

I shrug and go to move away from him when he uses his free hand to grab my wrist. I freeze up as he touches my wrist and my left eye twitches and I know it's too late to stop it now.

Without my consent my free hand reaches out and grabs him by the hand he's holding me with. I squeeze his hand until he winces and tries to pull away but I don't let go. I squeeze tighter until I can feel the bones in his wrist grinding together and he drops to his knees in front of me. The sight of him in front of me in his knees and in pain makes something inside of me very happy.

"Let go!" He screams and my mouth opens but what comes out is not my voice, this one is deeper,scarier.

" Bad puppy, don't you know not to touch things that don't belong to you? Do not touch her again." The voice says and Drake nods his head rapidly as tears start flowing from his eyes.

"I won't, I swear, just let go!" He screams again and I feel the side of my mouth pull up into a grin. Drake's eyes widen and he starts shaking his head back and forth and my hand tightens on his and I feel his bones break as he screams out in pain.

His pack mates who had been watching us the entire time growl at me as I shove him away. Taking back control of my body I look at everyone in the hall. Some look at me with confused expressions,others with hate and some fear.

I turn away from them all and open my locker and put my bag in and take out two notebooks and two pens, I walk around Drake and his pack as  they glare at me.

I keep my expression blank as I head to my homeroom. At least I made a lasting impression on them.