Accusations

I almost dove through the crowd and attacked the Alpha for calling me out like that, but I stayed in my spot against the wall and waited for the rest of his speech.

"While we're not sure of her involvement with the hounds, we know that their target appears to be her."  He said and anybody that hadn't been looking at me now turned and stared.

I felt my left eye twitched and I gritted my teeth as the others in the circle looked at him as if they couldn't believe what he had just said.

"We called this meeting to warn everyone to be on the look out and keep their eyes open and to report anything that they see that looks suspicious." He continued when everyone had gotten their fill of staring at me.

"Why not just ask her?" Someone in the crowd shouted.

"Ms. Vespillo claims to not know the reason for the attacks." He said in a disbelieving voice and a few people shouted that I was a liar and that they should force me to tell them.

I shifted my stance against the wall so I would have better access to my guns but continued listening.

If anyone came after me I would shoot them. No questions.

My thoughts must have showed on my face because the people closet to me moved away and faced the front.

The principal looked over in my direction and gave me a small smile but I looked at him with a blank face and he also looked away.

I didn't understand the point of this meeting, was it just an excuse to point me out to the supernatural community? Make me uncomfortable?  Whatever the reason was I found it a waste of my time.

Pushing myself up off the wall I made to walk around Rebecca and leave.

"Ms. Vespillo." A voice called out from behind me. I paused and saw the principal along with the rest of the crowd looking at me.

Making sure my expression was blank I looked at all of them, when the principal and his group reached me including the ass alpha, he attempted to reach out for me and I shifted back.

Clearing his throat he glanced around at the people around us before addressing me.

"If you'd follow us Ms. Vespillo, there's someone we'd like for you to meet, maybe they'd be able to shed some light on this situation." He said and indicated for me to follow them into the house.

I let them walk in front of me and Rebecca walked by my side, not touching but just there and I found that gesture comforting.

The inside of the house was enormous. We walked in through the modern kitchen and into a spacious sitting room. The large space was open and each room seemed to flow into the other.

They led me up the stairs, to the very top floors and stopped in front of a door that was painted black.

The principal opened the door and white smoke seeped out of the room.

Everyone entered the room and Rebecca and I were the last to enter and I immediately placed my back against a wall.

The room was empty except for a small low rised stage in the middle of the room, there was an alter at the back wall with symbols and candle on it.

In the middle of the room on the low rise sat a figure in a dark robe. The hood was up so I wasn't able to see the persons face.

"Come child, I've been waiting for you." The figure spoke in a male voice as the people in the room shifted and then made a direct path from the platform to me.

"Come child." The hooded man said again and I pushed up from the wall and walked towards the man.

Stopping at the edge of the platform he motioned for me to sit in front of him and I took the hint and sat down folding my legs under me.

The man reached out a hand towards me and I moved back from his searching hand.

"It's alright child I know not to touch." He said and hovered his hand over my arm.

"You've had a very hard life." He said then his hand then moved over my chest.

"You've found your mate but you've not accepted them yet." His hand then went to the top of my head. He said nothing, just stayed there for a long time.

His hand suddenly jerked and his body shifted. I could feel the other people in the room shifting and their nervousness.

The man's hand snapped back from my head towards his body and he fell back screaming.

"She's the devil! So much hatred and evil! She will be our destruction!" He screamed and the people in the room began to panic.

I sighed and looked off to the side.

He sounded just like my parents.