Tick Tock

I searched my entire house, I knew that he had already left but I wouldn't be able to rest properly until I looked around.

Nothing seemed out of place but I kept one of my guns out with the safety off as I searched every inch of the house but the only thing that was different was the spot that he had been standing in when I had walked in.

The spot was frozen, even the air. It was as if all the warmth had been sucked out  of the area.

It was so cold that the air actually burned.

When I was sure that the house was clear I sighed and went to change quickly. My cravings were getting stronger and it was good for me to deal with them early before they got out of control and I accidently hurt someone who didn't deserve it.

Getting into my car I drove out of town again but this time I went further than last time, it wasn't a good idea to 'hunt' in the same area more than once so close together.

I drove for a long time, passing homes and people. Thankfully I didn't have one of those visions while I was driving because I probably would have wrecked my car.

Pulling up in front of a club, I got out of my car, skipped the line and walked inside without being stopped.

It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the flashing lights as I walked along the edge of the crowd towards the bar ready to get this over with. I ordered a drink front the bartender but also noticed the way that he watched me. Ignoring the suspicious vampire in front of me I sipped my drink and learned my back against the bar.

Searching the bar I found a lot of vampires around, mingling with the human crowd. I could feel it moving, she was ready to take over and feed. Being in the bar only made it worse so I gave up my control and watched as I pushed away from the bar into the she of dancing people.

Vampires nearest to me watched me as I passed them but soon turned back to their "meals" as my eyes locked in on a man sitting alone in the the corner of the club.

His energy was dark and we gravitated straight towards him, he didn't even notice me until I was behind him whispering in his ear.

She told him all the things that she knew he wanted to hear and we didn't even need to compel him to dance with us or to follow us out the club. She wasted no time playing with this man and immediately went to work on him and by the time she was finished he was missing two limbs and was blind in one eye among the other things she did to him.

Taking control again I walked around the club an got into my car and was about to start the engine when I noticed a piece of paper on my dashboard.

I stopped what I was doing and looked around. Pissed that someone had actually touched what was mine. I found no one near except for a few drunk guys who were shouting at a couple of girls who were walking pass and ignoring them.

Opening the folded paper only two words were on it.

Tick Tock.

I flipped the paper over and checked the other side but it was empty and threw it out my window just when I heard a scream. Looking back over in the direction of the drunk men, I saw that they were gone along with the two girls.

I was really contemplating ignoring it when I heard another scream. I got out of my car and walked in the direction of the scream and found myself right back in the alley I had just left. The three men had separated the two girls and had one of them down on the ground held down by one of the men while the other two held her struggling friend.

"Help! Someone help!" The girl being held by the two guys screamed as the man on top of her friend tried to unbuckle his pants.

"Shut up! No one's around to help you. So just keep quiet and enjoy it." One of the men holding her said and she started crying.

"Let them go." I said and eyes glazed over.

The girl being held by the two men recovered first and started screaming at me to help them and call the police. The one on the floor jumped up and pulled out a knife smirking at me.

"Look guys. another one. Now we each have one." He said walking towards me and I sighed before I grabbed his wrist and snapped it back. He screamed and tried to pull his hand  from me and I let him go.

"You bitch! You broke my fucking wrist!" He screamed while rolling on the floor.

"Come here you stupid girl." Another man approached me and I punched him in the throat. He went down gagging and I kicked him and the first one in the head and they both stopped moving.

I looked at the last man as he looked between me and his two comrades before he shoved the woman towards me and tried to run around me but I stepped out of the woman's path and in front of man and knocked him out also.

The woman had gotten up and went to check on her friend who wasn't moving on the ground.

"She hit her head when they pushed her down." The woman said while crying and I pulled out my phone and called an ambulance for her.

The police also showed up when the ambulance arrived and the woman told them the events of the night and they arrested the men who still hadn't woken up yet. They had to rush the unconscious woman to the hospital so they could check her head and her friend went with her after I had avoided her attempts at a hug.

After speaking with the officers and giving them my number when something caught my attention. At the end of the parking lot way a man with dark hair who was smiling at me.

"Very good sister, Father is proud."