Mate

At first I started sweating a little and then my hands started to shake. I wasn't too worried beacuse it was only small things. But when my heart started pounding out of control, that's when I started to panic a little.

I was still leaning against the wall and the grey haired man was in front of me when the doors to the school opened and five people came gliding in.

They moved with a purpose and I was secretly in awe of them. As soon as they had walked through the doors my heart had gone into overdrive. I pressed a hand over it just in case because it felt as if it was going to beat it way out of my chest.

I couldn't see their faces because of the hoods they were wearing, but I knew that one of them was responsible for what I was feeling and I didn't like it.

"Will you follow me, please." The grey haired man said and I tore my eyes away from the cloaked people and followed him as he led me to the principals office.

There were a lot of people crammed into the room, but they all turned to look at me as soon as I entered the room.

I felt my heart speeding up again and I looked behind me to see the the cloaked people had also come. They walked past me and went to the other side of the room and one removed his hood. He had blonde hair and dark eyes, dark eyes that were currently boring into me. I could feel the gazes of the others but my eyes stopped on the one on the right end and I found myself hoping that the hood came off.

Stepping to the side of the door I pressed my back against the wall and folded my arms across my chest and closed my eyes and tried to block out the room.

When I did this I could hear them, the voices in my head. I know you're probably thinking 'she's crazy', and I have to admit that I have thought that about myself also and while I might be just a tad bit crazy, I'm not 'lock her up in a crazy house' crazy.

There are three voices that I hear in my head. Two of them you have already met. The first one when I had that small confrontation between Drake and myself. That is the calmest out of the three  but when pushed can be the most vicious. The second one you met when I went to the club when I had attacked the man. That one is pure trouble and is always looking for a fight. The third......................is one I never want to meet again. I have no way to describe it except for..... evil. I've met it once and at that time twelve innocent people died.

I felt someone moving closer to me but I kept my eyes closed and waited. They didn't touch me so I guessed it was the grey haired man.

Opening my eyes I saw him looking at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"I asked if you would explain what had happened earlier in the classroom." He said as if he had been trying to get my attention for a long time.

"Hellhounds came and attacked me." I said and a few eyes glazed over but the majority stayed lucid. I had never seen anything like this happen before, normally everyone around me would be 'hyponitized' but this crowd seemed different. I was really intrigued.

When the few who had been affected came back to themselves they looked around the room and then back at me with fear in their eyes. The principal, a vampire cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him.

"Would you care to elaborate more on your story Ms.Vespillo?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Hellhounds have not been to this realm in centuries, why would they suddenly decide to hunt you." A wolf alpha asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Answer me!" He demanded, putting power behind his words. No one in the room bowed their heads and they were all suprised when I didn't either.

"Do not try to force me, you are not my Alpha, you have no power over me wolf." I told him in a voice devoid of all emotion.

He growled as I looked him in the eyes and kept eye contact. He started shaking and I could tell he was close to shifting.

"Enough!!" The principal yelled, stepping between the two of us and breaking our standoff.

I looked away and locked eyes with one of the people who were wearing the hoods. They had all removed their hoods now except for one and my eyes seemed to lock in on this person and I wanted them to take their hood off so I could see their face.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked back at the other people in the room.

"Seeing as we don't have enough information on the situation." The principal said and then paused as if waiting for me to offer anymore information, but I honestly didn't have anything to add. I have no idea why they are after me.

He continued when I didn't say anyting.

"We are going to have to approach this cautiously, we don't know if there will be anymore attacks, but there will now be more guards monitoring the school grounds." He said and there were nods of agreement.

"Ms. Vespillo." He said and we locked eyes.

"Seeing as this has something to do with you, we will be assigning a guard detail to you." He said and I frowned.

"I don't need or want any guards." I told him.

"Be that as it may, the guards aren't for your protection. It's for us, until we get a better understanding of the situation." He said and I blanked my face.

Movement out of the corner of my eye made me look over to the last cloaked figure.  They removed their hood and long blonde hair spilled out and brown eyes locked on mine.

I sucked in a deep breath as she took a few steps in my direction. I tried to move back until I realised I was already leaning against the wall. My heart was going crazy, I unfolded my arms from across my chest and let them hang at my sides just as she stopped within touching distance of me.

"Mate." She whispered and I froze.