Beginning

When I got back to my house my back was hurting me a lot, add that to the subtle throbbing from my arms and I was not a really happy person right now.

I went to my bathroom and pulled my shirt over my head and stripped off my bra and turned around so my back faced the mirror. Looking over my shoulder I looked at back through the mirror and almost screamed at the sight.

There were two long diagonal slashes running down from my upper back to my waist. They were red and when I moved my shoulders up I was sure I had just torn a muscle or pulled out my shoulders,

Wincing, I continued moving my shoulders up and down even though it hurt like hell but I hoped to workout the pain. I reached over my shoulder with one and gently prodded one of the gashes before snatching my hand back when I felt something shift in my back that sent a painful shock down my spine.

I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do now, I felt like my body was breaking down on me, first my arms and now my back. Sighing, I gently slipped a shirt over my head, careful of my back when my doorbell rang.

I froze at what I was doing because the feeling was back. The feeling I only got when she was around. I must have stood there for a while because the doorbell rang again and I straightened my shirt while I approached the door slowly.

The doorbell rang again just as I pulled the door open and immediately got lost in her eyes. Heaven was she beautiful, but I knew I didn't stand a chance with her especially not when she had seen what I really was the other night, so I finally managed to look away from her eyes to see the David guy beside her, once again glaring at me.

Folding my arms over my chest I leaned against the doorframe and internally was happy when I say her checking me out.

Wait.

Me? Happy?

Frowning, I stood up straight and looked between the two of them waiting for someone to speak. Rebecca started shifting under my gaze while David just kept glaring at me.

"Rebecca." I said and she gasped and I paused too. This was the first time I had really said her name, just to make conversation.

"T-the uh...the council requests your presence." She said after a rough start and I narrowed my eyes.

"What for? I don't answer to your council." I growled and David moved closer growling back.

"Because you murdered a man the other night, you must be tried and punished. You're lucky they decided to send us instead of just sending the execution squad. If it was up to me I would have your head by now." He growled stepping far to close to me.

"Back up." I growled but he ignored my warnings and and stepped right in front of me, moving Rebecca back.

"Or what? I'm not afraid of you or your messed up mind." He said and I tilted my head to the side and looked at him.

"You should be." I said and punched out making Rebecca shout.

I felt his ribs break under my knuckles and his eyes opened wide before he winched and coughed up a mouth full of blood.

"I told you to back the fuck up." I said as I stalked out of my door towards him where he had rolled down the few steps before bouncing to his feet growling at me.

"Sam." Rebecca called my name making me pause for a second giving David the opportunity as he launched himself at me. He knocked me back onto the steps and I shuddered at the feel of him touching me not to mention the pain from my back. My hand whipped out between us and I gripped his throat in my hands and he immediately stopped trying to attack me and tried to pry my hands off and I pushed us up.

"Sam!" Rebecca shouted and I almost released him but I growled and just tightened my grip on his throat. I'm not really sure why I haven't yet. "Sam!" Right. That's why.

"You keep pushing me wolf, I'm not one for you to challenge." I said as his hands kept trying to pry mine away and every time he touched me I wanted to rip his throat out even more.

I looked him directly in his eyes and growled. " Submit." I said and his eyes widened and his attempts doubled. " Submit" I said again and he let out a small growl which sounded more like a growl until he looked away and finally stopped.

Disgusted I threw him away from me and turned to face Rebecca. "I don't answer to your council." I said and she nodded as I made my way back inside but not before she blocked my way and steeped in close to me. Not touching, but really close.

Close enough that I could feel the heat coming off her body, close enough that I wanted to run, when she leaned her her head towards mine I nearly did just that until she spoke.

"We need to talk." She whispered unnecessarily in my ear making me shake and nearly slapped myself when I felt my head nodding without my permission and I then did something I never thought I'd do.

I invited her inside my home.