Chicken?

Yeah, I know I'm a day late... but here's the chapter!

Enjoy~

___________

Friday afternoon, finally another week of school was over. My house greeted me with silence, as it often did nowadays. Both of my parents worked in an international business company, making them travel overseas a lot. Don't get me wrong, they weren't strict, harsh nor uncaring. They just had to work a lot. It was often pretty convenient as I almost always came home late during the weekends.

Being an only child, however, often made me feel lonely. Even if I usually had Eric keeping me company, and now also The Misfits. It was uncommon for me to be alone after school and on weekends, but today, I had walked home alone for the first time in months. I was pretty content with my week so far. Joseph and his minions hadn't bothered me since the beating I took from Joseph, thanks to The Misfits. Probably Tor most of all, he could be pretty intimidating. They had however given me sour looks when we passed each other in the hallways.

My stomach growled suddenly so I decided that it was time for dinner.

Roaming the fridge and the drawers ended up to be in vain. They were all empty. I groaned loudly and opened the fridge in hope of finding something to heat up. My week of luck was cut short as I found nothing. I groaned again. No dinner. Perfect! Yes, that was sarcastic, Manfred's behaviour is contagious. My stomach growled again, but I felt too lazy to go to the convenience-store. Instead, I laid on my bed, picked up my computer and began watching some stand-up comedy.

The sky quickly turned dark, as the winter season refused to let the sun shine any longer than four pm. My stomach kept on growling, but I stayed put by my computer. I didn't feel like walking in the darkness anyway. When my phone started to ring all of a sudden, I almost threw my computer at the wall out of fright. The caller ID told me it was Eric.

"Hideeho!" I greeted lazily. I heard him laugh at the other end.

"Greetings," he said, still letting out small chuckles. "I was just wondering if you were doing something tonight?"

I shook my head, then instantly - remembering that he couldn't see me - I said: "No, why?"

"I thought that maybe I could come over. We could watch a movie or something." A large smile spread on my face.

"Sure thing!" My stomach started to growl and I felt myself flush. I hope he didn't he-

"Have you eaten?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Uhm..." for a second I contemplated lying, but what would that gain me? "No."

"Okay, stay put. I'll be there in thirty!"

Forty-five minutes passed, but Eric was still not here. Just as I was beginning to lose faith that he would show, the door slammed open. I really should start locking it.

"Sorry I'm late! The pizza took longer than I expected." Eric's voice was heard from the hallway. I emerged from my room, already in my pyjamas, with a smile.

"Chicken?"

"Chicken."

________

See you guys next Saturday! (or Sunday)

Vote, share and comment :)