The Party pt 1

Okok so yeah I'm late, sorry! Shit's gonna go down in the next few chapters fyi... just a warning...

Well, enjoy!

-----

My family and I visited both pairs of grandparents during Christmas. On my mom's side I was greeted with large, fluffy dogs and lots of food and relatives. While the time with dad's side of the family were spent with the soft tunes of Christmas music and sweets.

The snow had laid its soft, icy blanket over the town, making each and every nook and cranny glister with the small water diamonds. My younger cousins and I had built countless of snowmen, as well as igloos. We hadn't had this much snow in years. Which meant that the youngest of them had never seen more than a thin layer of snow on the ground. I made it my mission to give the children a lot of amazing memories.

My parents were -as you may already have guessed- pretty rich. So it was not unusual that I was spoiled during the holidays, or my birthday. They had however come to the realization that I wasn't fond of lots of expensive stuff. I did, however, love to get small or big thoughtful things. Some might have been slightly expensive, but since they had actually chosen something that I would like or appreciate I was happy.

Eric had given me a small present that I opened after the celebrations, on the 26th. Mostly because I felt that it was more... personal. The present was small, no larger than ten decimeter in diameter, wrapped in a metallic green paper, not the most neat wrapping, but I can't do much better so I shouldn't complain. He had even used a bright, metallic, red ribbon. My own present to him had been wrapped in an ugly, Christmas patterned paper, topped off with a silver bow. It wasn't something special, just a small notebook with funny quotes on top of every page. I was regretting that slightly right now since it looked like he had put some actual effort into my present.

I carefully opened Eric's poorly wrapped present, it contained a black box. A lot like the kind of box my mum had retrieved from me. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, he knew that I rarely wore any kind of jewelry. Well, I am a guy and it's not really in the "norm" anyways. I opened the box.

A necklace.

He had bought me a bloody necklace. I stared at the small, silvery object that now rested in my hand. It was beautiful. But, I thought dryly, I am not made to wear "beautiful" objects. It had a small charm, smaller than my thumb nail. It was a character, or a couple of them in Chinese, or maybe it was Japanese. I wasn't completely sure what it meant, but I recognized it. I guess Manfred had showed sometime, or maybe Eric had brought it up. The small jewelry rested in the dip of my palm, I wasn't sure that I would suit it. Then again, Eric seemed to have put effort into this piece of silver.

I only took it off when I showered.

The New Year was closing in on us. My parents were planning to visit a couple of friends for the night, and left me in Eric's hands. Manfred and the rest were planning another party; a famous Misfit party. That meant no alcohol, lots of snacks and food, and tons of loud music that no one listened to. I was tempted to go, but I had already promised to go on Eric's teenage party. Eric was my best friend, so I guess it made sense. The party was in only two days, and I had yet to decide what to wear. I mentally slapped myself. Eric wouldn't care if I showed up in my pyjamas! He just wanted me there. I shouldn't care so much!

Manfred and I went shopping later that day. We invited Tor, but he was busy, went on some date or something. Traitor. Manfred had eyed my necklace, a knowing smirk on his lips. I had asked him about it, but he refused to answer me. It made me grumpy, but then he promised to treat me to some sweets and my mood immediately brightened. 10 stores, two cups of tea and a cheesecake later my New Years outfit was complete. I not sure about it, but Manfred had been insistent, and I trusted his instincts. Maybe not the wisest choice I've made. I was afraid when he refused to show me the shirt he had picked out for me. He had told me its color and type, but that was it. I didn't even get to try it on.