Aftermath

The police station was scary. Well, not as scary as almost being raped, but still scary. If anyone had told me three months ago, that I would be at the station, making a statement, I would have laughed in their face and asked them what shit The Misfits had gotten themselves into this time. I wouldn't even consider that the statement could be about me.

Eric was sitting next to me, Manfred and the rest scattered around the small waiting room, most of them pacing back and forth or shaking their leg. We were waiting for our parents, Eric and I that is. We were the only minors, even if Odd easily could pass as one.

Manfred has briefly explained to me what had happened to... well you know who. The knowledge that he was in the same building terrified me. I didn't realise how my grip around Eric's hand tightened as my thoughts raced, not until he squeezed back lightly. Breathing deeply, I tried to relax myself.

The paramedics had already done a check up on me, treating my wounds but deciding that I didn't need to go to the hospital, at least not for the time being. I did, however, have to make a statement, like identify him to actually be the right guy and shit. Like who else would it be? We both had several marks and wounds that should be evidence enough.

All heads snapped to the door as it creaked open, in stumbled two pairs of parents. Eric's parents immediately ran up to him, cooing and stroking his cheeks, whereas my own silently walked up to me. Maybe in a slightly quicker pace than usual. Mum crouched down in front of me, still silent. When she opened her arms I couldn't contain my tears. I flung myself into her embrace. She hugged me tight, dad joining in from behind. I cried loudly, as they both stayed silent, just stroking my hair in a soothing matter.

A policewoman interrupted our small reunion by awkwardly clearing her throat. Telling us that it was time for me to make the statement. I think she pronounced "time to be harshly interrogated" wrong.

I stood up on shaky legs and followed her out of the room, towards a much smaller, and darker room. I sat down across from a large, bulky man with pitch black hair and glasses. He looked stern and slammed the notepad he held on the table before he began to speak.

Everything bled into a film of blurr, which I had a hard time separating and put in order. The policeman interrogating me was terrifying. Not only was he suspicious of me, but after a while I began to think that he looked quite like him, same dark eyes. I shuddered at the thought. The man cleared his throat, and closed his notebook. The scraping of his chair as he stood up startling me.

"You can go to your family, we will contact you if we need further information," he declared as he looked down at me. I nodded numbly and slowly stood up too.

My parents were waiting for me, both sitting silently next to each other on one of the hard couches. Manfred and Eric was still present, as well as Eric's parents, and they both looked up to me when I appeared by the door. No one said anything, and before I knew it I was in my room. I blinked slowly, trying to remember how I got there.

It didn't feel right, my room I mean. Everything was too dark, too quiet. After my parents had gone to sleep, I laid quietly on my bed, staring at the ceiling. The moon was shimmering brightly in the sky, but still, sleep dodged me. Eventually I settled at my desk, a blank piece of paper in front of me. I certainly was not a drawer, I could barely even be considered a doodler. But today, after all that had happened during the last 24 hours, I wanted to draw. To let all my emotions out on a simple piece of paper. I only owned a normal pencil, no colors, if blue ink wasn't included in that category.

I began to draw.

First I only drew quick lines, none of them connected to another. All of them were straight, none of them looped or even curved. Only straight, grey lines. It felt kind of ironic. Being gay and all. Straight and grey doesn't really fit... go well with that.