Eighteen

Twan paced back and forth in the waiting room, praying to God that Yolanda and the baby were okay, but he knew better

Twan paced back and forth in the waiting room, praying to God that Yolanda and the baby were okay, but he knew better. When Quincy shoved him and made him run into her, he knew that he had accidentally elbowed her in her stomach which caused the unfortunate event. 

"Everything is going to be okay, man." Saint told him, patting Christina's back as she slept against his chest. With all the crying that she had been doing, a nap was definitely needed for the little princess. 

"No it's not. I want to believe that everything is going to be alright, but I know that it's not. Once again, Quincy has found a way to mess with somebody else that I love. Not again. Not again." He headed towards the elevator, but Saint immediately grabbed his arm.

"Now is not the time or place for all of this! Yolanda and Christina need you right now and if you cause a scene then who knows what will happen to you." Saint told him. "Quincy will get his just as soon as we get Santana back and find out the status of Yolanda and the baby." Out of nowhere, Twan dropped down to his knees and started crying. The stress had finally gotten to him and everything was hitting him at once.  

"I can't take this shit anymore!" He snapped, banging his fist into the floor. Everyone glanced over towards where they were, trying to figure out what was going on. 

"DAMN, DO YA'LL MIND?" Saint snapped, causing everyone to quickly look away. Since he was holding his niece with one arm, he struggled to help Twan up with his other arm. "Come on and get your ass up. You're making a scene and I can't handle you falling apart in front of lil bit." 

"I just...I need a minute." He sniffled, wiping his eyes. He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, but he didn't bother answering it. He just wanted to know about Yolanda and their baby. "Here take my phone. Tell whoever calls me that I'm having a personal issue and I'll be off the grid for a few days." He handed his brother the phone, before pulling himself up off of the floor. Saint looked down and saw that Twan was getting yet another call from an unknown number.

"Yeah who dis?" He answered.

"Um hey...it's Lani. We spoke last night at my job and I'm ready to help set Tony up and get your sister back."

"Uhh...yeah, but this ain't Twan. This is his older brother, Saint." He told her.

"Oh...is Twan around, or..."

"Naw he's dealing with some personal issues, but we can meet up and continue with the plan if that's cool with you." Saint said.

"Sure. Can you meet me at Starbucks at in the next fifteen minutes?" She asked.

"Yeah I'll be there." He hung up the phone and went to find Twan. He needed to make sure his brother was okay before he left to find their sister, but the way Twan was acting at the moment...he knew he'd probably have to stick around and make sure he was straight first. A big brother's job is never done in Saint's opinion.

*

"Santana? Baby open the door

"Santana? Baby open the door. You've been in there for way too long." Tony said, knocking on the bathroom door. Santana was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, crying her eyes out as she buried her face in her hands. "Santana?"

"Leave me alone!" She shouted.

"What? Are you crying? Open the door." He didn't understand why she was crying, but he knew something was wrong after he had given her some head. She claimed she was going into the bathroom to clean up, but it had been a whole hour and she still hadn't came out which had Tony worried. "Baby I can't help you if you don't open the door and tell me why you're crying."

"I want to go home!" She snapped.

"You are home."

"No you fucking psycho! This is NOT my home!" She yelled. She wanted to yell out that her home was with QJ in their beautiful mansion, but she knew that would only set Tony off.

"So basically you want to go back to that other nigga, right?" He questioned. "IS THAT FUCKING RIGHT?!" He punched the door hard, making Santana jump.

"This has nothing to do with QJ, Tony! I miss my brothers and my niece!"

"You know how I feel about you lying to me, Santana. I really wish you didn't do that." He said, gently tapping his forehead against the door. "Now ima ask you again to open the door, or ima kick it in."

"Do what you got to do, but just know...I'm not going down without a fight." She challenged him. He chuckled as he took a step back, ready to kick the door in, but the sound of his phone ringing threw him off. 

"To be continued baby...I gotta phone call." He walked away from the door, retrieving his phone off of the counter. He sighed when he saw Lani's name flashing across the screen. He hadn't spoken to her since they shared a kiss in her kitchen, but he was curious at why she was calling him randomly. "Hello?"

"Tony? About time you answered your phone! I was so worried!" She said, sounding relieved.

"You were worried about me?" 

"Of course I was! I know we haven't been seeing eye to eye since we reconnected, but I thought we were going to work on us. You know...go back to how things use to be." She said.

"That would be nice, Lani, but you know I'm not over my ex. I don't think I'll ever be over her, to be honest." He whispered,walking out onto the balcony. Santana quietly unlocked the bathroom door and peeked out, noticing that Tony was preoccupied on the phone. She took that as a chance to sneak out of the house without him noticing that she was gone. "How about we discuss everything over some dinner? My treat." Tony rubbed the back of his neck, hesitant about how he should respond to her. 

"I would, but..."He began, but she cut him off. 

"Please Tony. I promise I'll make it worth your while." She begged. He smirked and licked his lips, stepping back into the house.

"We'll see. I'll get back to you." He told her. After they hung up, he tossed his phone on the table and headed back to the bathroom door. "Now...are you going to open up the door, or do I need to kick it in?" No response. 

"Aight cool." He took a step back and kicked the door in, walking into the bathroom. There was no sign of Santana anywhere which confused the hell out of Tony. "Santana?" He looked in the bathtub, checked behind the door, and even looked in the towel closet. She was nowhere to be found.

"SHIT!" He huffed, running out of the bathroom. He noticed that the front door was unlocked and he knew that she had escaped. "FUCK!" Running out of the condo, he took off running down the hall. She couldn't get far, right? He thought to himself. Little did he know...Santana was long gone.