Thirty-Four

QJ sat nervously next to his dad's bed, staring down at his phone, waiting for Santana to call him back

QJ sat nervously next to his dad's bed, staring down at his phone, waiting for Santana to call him back. It had been almost an hour and a half since she called him, and he was scared that something was going to happen to her.

"I'm sure she's fine, son." Quincy spoke, looking over at his son. He could tell QJ was a nervous wreck and he wanted to distract him.

"I don't know that, pops."

"Well I do. She's a tough girl and anyone that can challenge me without breaking a sweat, is tough enough to go after someone mentally insane."

"That almost sounded like a compliment." QJ chuckled.

"It almost was. Look son...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way I treated that girl and I'm sorry for putting you in the middle of it. You deserve to be happy and I can tell that she makes you happy."

"She makes me so happy, pops. I love her so much, which is why...I uh...I asked her to marry me." Quincy snapped his neck in his son's direction, glaring at him.

"You did what?"

"I asked her to marry me. And she said yes." Quincy was shocked. Never in a million years did he think his son would utter those words, but he just did.

"We have to go get her." Quincy said, trying to climb out of bed. He was still in a lot of pain, so getting out of bed was a struggle for him.

"Dad chill. You need to lay back down and rest. Like you said, Santana is tough and she can handle herself. Plus, her brothers are with her so she's good." QJ said, helping his dad back into bed.

"Son...I have something to tell you." Quincy began, taking a deep breath. "Tony was the one that shot me."

"Say what now?"

"After Benita left me, I was at a low point and he caught me slipping. I told him that I was done trying to help him and then...he shot me." 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" He snapped. "You lied and said you didn't know who shot you, when all this time...that bitch ass nigga did it?!" QJ was so angry that he couldn't even compose himself as he grabbed his crutches and stood up.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you'd overreact! And where the hell are you going?"

"Dad...he fucking shot you! He could've killed you! How else am I supposed to react?" He shouted.

"I understand how you feel, but it was worth it." He told him.

"How? How the hell was it worth it?"

"Because I got to see your mother." QJ looked over at his dad, slowly making his way back over towards the bed. 

"Y-you saw mom?" He stammered.

"Yep. It was like she came to me in a dream...her and Darnell."

"You saw Santana's dad too?" QJ questioned.

"Yeah, shit was bad between us, but...I promised your mom that I'd make amends with everyone and I'm going to stick to that promise." 

"Well you've already started with me and Benita so...you're off to a good start." 

"Not quite." He murmured, reaching over to grab something out of his bedside table. "Before you were born, I made a promise to your mom that I was going to buy her a big, beautiful house and shower her with love and gifts. That was before she passed though and now...I want you to pick up where I left off. Here's the address to your mom's dream house. I want you to buy it and raise your family in that house." QJ grabbed the piece of paper from him and slid it into his pocket. Just knowing that this near death experience changed Quincy for the better, QJ felt like everything was going to work out. All that was left was dealing with Tony and living a long and happy life with his soon to be wife.

*

*

Tony stared at Saint, Santwan, and Santana as they sat on his couch with smirks on their faces, waiting on Tony to make the first move

"I guess the end is nearing for me, huh?" Tony chuckled.

"It should've ended a long time ago!" Saint snapped, standing up with his gun in hand. He walked up on Tony and pistol whipped him across the face, making him drop down to his knees. Saint was tired of procrastinating and it was time for them to end this nigga once and for all. 

"I remember when Twan wanted to take your ass down. That was all he ever talked about, day in and day out. He wanted you gone, Saint. He wanted to make sure that you never saw the light of day again." Tony taunted.

"Shut the fuck up!" Twan growled, bawling up his fist. He knew exactly what Tony was doing and he refused to let him bring up old shit between him and his brother. 

"The truth hurts, doesn't it?"

"Keep talking, bitch." Saint said, screwing on his silencer. "I want you to get everything out in the open, before I paint the walls with your blood." Tony looked up at Santana, gazing deep into her eyes as he slowly licked her lips.

"Baby...please."

"Please? Please what? Tony you are a monster! I'm not sure how I didn't see it before, but I am soooo glad that I see it now." Santana said, standing up from the couch. She walked over to Saint and snatched the gun from him, jamming the gun into his temple. "You ruined our lives and you will be held accountable for your actions!"

"Less talking, more killing." Saint said.

"The cop in me wants to stop this, but...the grieving son, concerned father, and angry brother part of me wants to see a bullet connect with his skull. Therefore...pull that trigger sis." Twan chimed in.

"Baby don't do this." Tony begged. "I love you, Santana. I love you so much. What about our kids? They won't know who their father is if you kill me." Santana laughed, amused by the nonsense that Tony was talking. 

"For one, my children will have a dad. QJ is their dad and even though you tried to kill him...he's alive and waiting on me to come so we can plan our wedding!" Tony's heart dropped in the pit of his stomach, looking at the huge diamond ring that sat on her finger. He was about to get up, but Saint kicking him in the stomach, knocking him back down.

"Enough of this shit!" Saint snapped, snatching the gun away from Santana. He pointed the gun at Tony, pulling the trigger, as he shot him twice in the head. Tony's body fell to the ground with a loud THUD, as the triplets stood over him and watched him bleed out. They were so relieved that it was over, they didn't even realize that Lani was still sitting in the bedroom; witnessing everything that had just happened.