Thirty

- This Chapter Will Be Short...

Twan was at work, going through paperwork, trying to get caught up on all his work

Twan was at work, going through paperwork, trying to get caught up on all his work. With everything that had been going on, working was Twan's last priority, but now everything was back to normal and he had to get back on his grind. While he was leaned back in his chair, reading over a file, he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in." He called out, not bothering to look up from the file. He heard the door open and he looked up, seeing Benita walking into his office.

"Hey Santwan

"Hey Santwan."

"Mom? What the hell happened to your face?" Twan asked, slamming the files down on his desk. "Quincy did that to you, didn't he?"

"Yes, but I'm fine. Really...it looks way worse then it feels." She lied. She sat down and took a deep breath, not wanting to look up into her son's face. She knew he was giving her the face he used to give her when he was a little boy. A sad, disappointing face that made her heart ache. "I...I actually left him yesterday."

"About fucking time!" Twan huffed, crossing his arms. "I can't believe he did this to you! Are you sure you're okay? I can take you to the hospital."

"No...I'm fine. Really I am. I just stopped by to let you know that you were right." She murmured.

"Right? Right about what?"

"About me getting way more than I bargained for, dealing with Quincy. He only put his hands on me when I provoked him or talked back, but...this last beating really opened my eyes. I don't expect for you, your brother, or your sister to forgive me after the horrible things I've done to you, but...I really need you all right now. I need my kids and I..." Benita started to cry as Twan handed her some Kleenex. He then sent Saint a text message, letting him know to come to the office and bring Santana.

"Stop crying." Twan mumbled, leaning up against his desk. "You know we're here for you. Well...I'm here for you." Twenty minutes had gone by and Benita was still crying her eyes out, while Twan patted her back and comforted her in the best way he knew how.

"I'm sorry to come to your job with all this mess, but...I didn't know where else to go." She cried. Twan opened his mouth to speak, but his door flew open and Saint strolled in, stopping when he saw Benita.

 Twan opened his mouth to speak, but his door flew open and Saint strolled in, stopping when he saw Benita

"What the hell? What is she doing here?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. Twan motioned for him to come over to where he was, and when he did...he got a clear view of Benita's face. "Dammmmnnnnn! What the hell happened to you?"

"Saint really?"

"My bad, my bad. But nah forreal...what happened?"

"Quincy happened. He beat her ass and now...she needs us." Twan explained. "And where the hell is Santana?"

"Aw man...sis done went rogue for awhile, but don't worry. She's safe and that's all that matters." He responded. "But why the hell did Quincy do this? He still mad about me and Santana coming for his ass?"

"No...I brought up his ex and he snapped." She sighed. "I know he still loves her, but you'd think after all these years he'd let her go and focus on what was right in front of him. I guess I though wrong though." Saint and Twan looked at each other and back down at their weeping mother. They were starting to feel bad for her, only because she didn't deserve to be beaten the way she was.

"So...where are you staying now that you've left Quincy?" Twan asked.

"You finally left his ass? Bout damn time!" Saint said.

"Same shit I said."

"Ha...but I doubt this lil separation will last long. She's gonna run back to him by tomorrow." Saint said, shaking his head.

"Saint...shut up!"

"Nigga you shut up!"

"Hey, hey! Please don't start the fighting. You were were always at each other's throats when you were little." Benita voiced. "And yes...it was about time I left him. I'm staying in a hotel on the other side of town, but I would really like it if we could have dinner one night this week. My treat, of course."

"Sure. That sounds cool." Twan mumbled, looking over at Saint. He knew Saint wouldn't go for it, but it was just dinner. What harm could it do?

"I'm only having dinner with you because Quincy Ike Turner-ed your ass, but we need to wait until Santana comes back." He said.

"Will she even come? I know she really doesn't want to be around me, but..." Benita began, but Saint cut her off.

"She'll be there. If she knows I'm coming then she'll come so don't worry." He told her. I just got to figure out when she's bringing her ass back! He thought to himself.

"I really appreciate you both being here for me when I need you. I know I wasn't there for you both growing up, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but this really means so much to me."

"Your welcome, mom." Twan spoke, giving her a small smile.

"Yeah whatever." Saint grumbled. He felt like this entire dinner situation was a bad idea, but he didn't want to say anything just yet. He was just going to keep his eyes and ears open for anything unusual.