Chapter 3

Maximus's POV

     I woke up the next morning with a form on top of me. They aren't moving, so they must be asleep. I slowly reach behind the pillow I was laying on and grabbed the knife that I always keep under it. Grasping the hilt, I quickly change the person and I's position. Once I'm on top, I put the knife against their neck, just barely cutting the skin. I look at said person's beautiful, long crimson hair, and then his beautiful eyes. Shit.

     "Oh, hey Kai," I said, backing off and putting the knife back under the pillow, trusting Kai not to use it against me.

     "U-umm, Hello," Kai paused, "If you kill me, I'll come back and sink your ship."

     "Huh?" I asked dumbly. Kai just rolled his eyes.

     "Merpeople reincarnate. We're like phoenixes." He told me in a duh tone. I nodded and got off the bed to put on my clothes. "Umm... Why am I not in the tub? I'm gonna dry out!" It was my turn to roll my eyes. I stomped over to the bed and threw the sheets off of Kai's body.

     Kai's eyes widened. The beautiful green focused on his pale legs; full pink lips agape, most likely not believing the sight before him.

     "I didn't know I could do that," Kai said, leaning down to touch his hairless legs, "I'm assuming that's where the stupid nets fucked up my tail?" I nod, feeling guilty. I don't know why. I am gonna sell him at the next port we go to. I can't be getting attached to a fish. I walk away to get dressed for the day, tucking in my undershirt with my pants, and putting on my crimson red jacket.

     I turn back to see Kai trying to stand up. "Umm, Kai? I don't think you should-," Jesus Christ, he's falling. I quickly get to him and put my arm out to catch him, "Idiot." I pull him to my chest and pick him up. "Putting my product in danger like that, how dare you," I smirk and see his face redden.

     "I'm not your 'product', let me go, you bastard."

     "Nope, just because you called me that," My smirk grew when I saw his bottom lip stick out in a pout. I love teasing this boy.

     After a few seconds of staring into each other's eyes, Kai's stomach rumbled, making me chuckle.

     "Hungry?"

     "Shut up."

     "When was the last time you've eaten?" The looked up at the ceiling, seeming to really think about it. Has it really been that long?

     "Maybe a week and a half."

     "Oh yeah, I'm getting your happy ass some food." Kai's eyes seemed to light up.

     "What kind?"

     "I don't know," I paused, "We'll have to ask Jimmy."

     "Jimmy?"

     "The cook," I thumped his forehead, "Duh."

     "You thump me again, and I'll bite your finger off and shove it up to your ass."

End of Chapter