Chapter 11

Kai's POV

     I feel the pain of the whip, but before I have enough time to react, the next one assaults my back, right across the other. I choke, trying not to show my pain, trying to not let them win. Henry is not going easy.

     The next lash was in a new area, not touching the other two, but still smarting. That's 3.

     Then another, right across the three. I gasp, tears pricking my eyes. I blink them away.

     By my tenth lash, I voice my pain. Grunts leaving my body, along with blood. I see Max trying his hardest not to move. Only 15 more.

     A few more, and the crew's faces soften. Some have the look of paint adorning their features. But Henry seems to show no remorse. As he does the next hit, blood splatter across his face, making him make a noise of disgust. He grabs a towel a wipes the blood from the whip and sets it across the back of my neck.

     As he walks away to grab something, Max mouths to me, "Only a few more,"

     "What is he getting?" I ask, growing nervous. Max's face goes blank and he looks at where Henry is.

     "Henry, no. This was not in our deal."

     "Nor was is disagreed upon, Captain." I look back to Henry who had a bucket of something. Without warning, he pours the contents onto my back.

     Saltwater.

     This asshole just poured fucking saltwater onto my back. All the air leaves my body. I could swear I heard most of the crew gasp.

     Sadly, that bucket full of saltwater won't help me at all. My body has to be constantly covered for me to change. Like if saltwater came from the sky like rain, I wouldn't change like how I would if I were in the ocean.

     "Jimmy thinks you went too far!" A weak smile adorns my face when Jimmy says something. The salt finds its way into my exposed areas, making it burn like a bitch. I hiss in pain. The whip leaves my neck.

     I scream out when another lash meets my back.

     "Henry! Stop now." Max demands, his hands gracing the hilt of his sword.

     "He's a monster!" A man from the crew accuses.

      The crew sees this has gone to far,  "Throw him overboard!" Another says.

     Henry snarls, and throws and whip down, grabbing me by my hair and hoisting me up. I tilt my head back when a sharp, cold edge, dances across my neck.

     "You wouldn't dare," I say. This makes the knife dig into the soft skin on my neck. Max's movements come to a halt.

     "Henry, don't. If you let his go, I'll drop you off, unharmed at the next port." He reasons.

    Henry chuckles, "A pirate, making deals? You're fucking weak, and it's because of this bitch here."

    That's it. I bring my foot up, and stomp on his elf feet, making him let me go. I take this chance to kick him in the dick and run to Maximus, lutching onto him.

     "You're okay, Kai. I'll have you better in a few minutes, Love." Maximus tells me, picking me up gently.

     "Jimmy, get however many men you need, and tie this bastard up."

End of Chapter