Chapter 18

Kai's POV

     When we come out of the captains quarters, we're the last ones on board. The other men must have scattered off to have sex or something.

     After touching land for the first time, I just feel so out of my element. Yeah, I've been on a boat, but the boat is still on the water. It takes me a while to get my land legs. Since you have to balance so much on the boat, my steps are a bit exaggerated.

     Of course, Max is getting a kick out of this, saying I'm walking like a drunk. I'm not really laughing though. When Max sees my slightly frustrated face, he gently pulls me aside and just hugs me.

     "Do you want me to carry you, love?" He asks softly. I honestly consider it. I'm pretty heavy though. Like, I'm not fat, but I'm also a grown man. Yeah, Max is a lot more muscled than I am, and I may be a few inches shorter... Okay, I say yes. I'm tired and he's offering.

     Max just chuckles and smiles before picking me up like a baby, setting me on his hip. I wrap myself around him and just snuggle up.

     Max starts to walk, but then I remember something. He was going to sell me at this port.

     "Are... You going to sell me?" I ask, my head tucked into the crook at your neck. I feel Max stutter-step.

     "No baby. You're mine..." He says quietly, rubbing my butt in a loving and soft way. I smile and hug him tighter and kiss his ear. I watch as he gets goosebumps and a shiver runs down his spine. "You better stop before I claim you in the streets."

     "That's very unsanitary, I know you wouldn't," I say, giggling. I've learned that Max is quite the neat freak. If he isn't mauling me or commanding the crew, I often see him tidying up and dusting and sweeping the captains quarters. Not to mention how adamant he was about keeping my wounds clean.

     "Well... You do know me pretty well." He says, his chest vibrating from his chuckles. I love when I can feel it. Merpeople purr, and it's a very passionate and loving thing, so it makes me happy humans can purr too.

     As we walk through the village, I can't help but to notice people starring. I mean, rightfully so. It's a grown man in nice attire holding a smaller man that's just draped all over him. But do I care? Nope. One of my hands runs through Max's soft hair as the sways from his strides relax me.

     Soon, Max goes inside a building. I can smell food and alcohol. A scent I've become accustomed to since my stay on the boat. Max sits down but doesn't release me. I'm not complaining though. He holds onto me like a hermit crab with his shell. I look around to see Jimmy and two other crew members. A lady comes over to Max and I.

     "Hello darlins'. What would ya like to have tonight?" She asks. She is dressed in a very sexy outfit I must say. Fishnets, a short dress, and red lipstick. It pleases me that while the other three men at the table basically eye rape her, Max doesn't pay her any mind.

     "May I have a beer, a water, an order of braai, and an order of mutton please," Max says, very politely.

     "Of course sugar, comin right up," She says, her voice very smooth. When she leaves, I smile up at Max, very pleased, and kiss him sweetly.

Whoo! I'm back!! When I was editing, I didn't make too many changes, but in the chapter where Kai was getting the lashes, I changed it. Instead of getting lashes for every man he saved, it's every man he accidentally killed. I just thought it was dumb lol. So he killed 5 men, 5 lashes per, so he had 25 lashes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!