Valentine's Day

Despite her impulse to heal Brittany immediately, Santana let the puncture wounds stay fresh and angry, weeping down Brittany's neck. She lapped up the drops before they reached the pillow, her tongue gentle against the damaged skin. She lathed her tongue over and over, as if she could take away some of the pain or replenish some of Brittany's blood. But her tongue couldn't do those things, and although her blood was now coursing through Brittany, healing her faster than any medicine could, she felt guilty. She licked and licked until Brittany sighed and giggled and little bit.

"What are you doing?"

Santana smiled and tucked her tongue back behind her lips. "Just tasting you."

Brittany smiled and rolled Santana onto her side, gazing into her eyes as she adjusted herself on the pillow, staring deep. The bite marks shone prominently in the moonlight streaming through the window. She kissed her gently, lips still and warm and tired, as if trying to soothe Santana from her apologetic licking.

Brittany pulled back, smile gracing her face. "So what does it mean, that I'm yours and you're mine?" she asked, her words hushed and excited.

Santana shrugged. She had no idea what it meant, other than future feedings and nights spent in Brittany's bed just like this. If that's what being Brittany's meant, she wanted to be Brittany's forever.

"I don't know. I'm..."

"New to this," Brittany finished, an amused grin playing on her blood-stained lips.

Santana nodded.

"Well, do I get to call you my girlfriend?" Brittany asked, eyes sparkling with excitement.

Santana chilled at that. Of course she wanted to be Brittany's girlfriend. But the word girlfriend felt too loud and heavy for her. She wasn't a girl. Not a live one, at least. She was a vampire.

"I could be your vampire companion," she said, only half joking.

"Oh, that flows right off the tongue. At the next tri-delta party, I'll introduce you to everyone as my vampire companion. That doesn't make you sound like a service animal at all."

Santana chilled colder still at Brittany's sarcasm, but more at what Brittany had just implied. Brittany wanted to go to sorority events together?

That was more than Santana had expected. She was certain being with Brittany would be wonderful no matter the occasion, but being surrounded by coeds at a Greek party didn't sound like her idea of fun. She had partied through the 70s as a vampire, and she didn't think the keggers Brittany went to were her scene. She didn't think less of Brittany for going to them; she could picture in her toga or 80's costume, Solo cup in her hand and she danced and laughed with her friends. In all those images, Brittany was beautiful and happy and impossible to dislike. It was the other people Santana disliked. The frat boys and the bleach-blond WASPS and their valleygirl upspeaking and hysterical drunken tears and sloppiness. She couldn't imagine Brittany being sloppy, but the picture around her was sloppy.

She swallowed. "You want me to go sorority stuff with you?" Her words sounded dry and stiff like cardboard.

Brittany gave her a bright nod. "I want you to meet everyone."

Santana's stomach clenched, overwhelmed at the prospect.

Brittany wanted her to meet everyone? Already? They hadn't known each other very long. The only time they'd been around other people had been in Fangtasia when Santana was being callous and cruel to Brittany. She had no idea how to be around Brittany in public without making a fool of herself. She was certain she'd cling to Brittany's elbow the entire time. Not because she was nervous, but Brittany was grounding and light and cheerful and so, so beautiful, Santana would need to be by her side the whole night to make sure no one hurt her.