Haven

Instead of freezing in fear as Santana had done, Brittany tilted her head and frowned at the little door of the root cellar.

"Really?" she asked, scrunching up her nose. "How can you tell?"

"I can smell her," Santana hissed, urging Brittany to keep her voice down, although anything they said could be heard through the door.

"Is it someone you know?" Brittany asked, dangerously curious.

Santana shook her head, her motion quick to convey the danger they were in. She pointed up the stairs, urging Brittany to get far away from danger. Brittany got the hint and tiptoed up the stairs, though again, whoever was asleep in the root cellar could hear everything.

When they reached the kitchen, Brittany closed the door leading down to the basement. "Want to go out to dinner?" she whispered.

Santana gaped at her. "Are you seriously not worried about the vampire in your basement?"

Brittany shrugged. "I mean, I guess, yeah. But we're not staying here, so it's fine."

"That's - that's not the point, Britt!" Santana sputtered.

"Well, what are we supposed to do?"

Thinking quickly, Santana grabbed Brittany's wrist. "You're coming home with me," she said, her words firm, indicating it was demand, not a suggestion.

"Did you drive?"

"No, I ran."

Brittany's eyebrows arched up. "You want me to run five miles to your house?"

Santana gasped in exasperation.

"Okay, just... drive straight to my house. I'm gonna go talk to Quinn."

"Can I get some food on the way?" Brittany asked.

Santana was annoyed. Clearly Brittany didn't understand that danger she was in.

"I guess, but don't fool around."

"Okay. Can I grab my laptop first?" she asked, pointing upstairs.

"No!"

Brittany looked annoyed at Santana's urgency and concern. "Jeez, okay..." she muttered.

"Britt, I don't want you in any danger. Promise me you'll go right to my house and stay inside with the doors locked while I talk to Quinn."

"Okay."

"Promise me!"

"Okay, I promise!" Brittany said, annoyed.

Santana looked at her with a serious, demanding face for a moment before relenting. She walked Brittany out to her car. "I'll see you in twenty minutes," she said, giving Brittany a kiss on the cheek.

"See ya," Brittany said, hopping into the driver's seat.

Santana waited until Brittany had driven off the property before running to Quinn's house as fast as she could. Without knocking, she burst through her door, startling Quinn, who was sitting on her chaise lounge with a teacup full of what smelled like O negative. Santana stood in the doorway panting for a minute, a strange burning filling her chest. She tried to stop her panting, not wanting Quinn to know anything about her transformation that was causing her to breathe. But as she tried to still her breath, she felt uncomfortable, so she gave up and gasped a few times.

"There's a vampire!" she heaved. "A vampire in the root cellar!"

Quinn, having settled from her initial startle, frowned up at Santana. "What root cellar?"