three

"You look busy," Blake stated mockingly as he entered Jayden's office,

Jayden clenched his fist and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Blake. Sometimes, it's best to just-" he slammed his fist down. "Damn it, Blake, leave me alone."

"What is it with you, Norman? What's with the... the attitude every time I speak to you?"

"Shut up, Blake," Jayden breathed out in a 'calm' manner, slowly losing his sanity and the urge to burst into tears taking over him.

"No, really what is it? Why are you always so insane whenever I see you? You're always hiding something and it's fucking annoying. What, Norman? Anything to do with that 'addiction' bullshit I heard you say a few weeks back? Or about that 'day' that fucked you up? No, really, what is it!?"

Jayden couldn't cry, not in front of Carter fucking Blake, no.

Damn, he was so close to breaking apart... if only Blake would just leave.

But fuck, Blake wasn't aware of the effect he had on Jayden, how he made those scars on Jayden's wrists increase in number every day.

After the older hasn't moved an inch, Jayden swiped his arm across his desk, making Blake flinch from the sudden commotion of the things falling heavily on the floor.

Jayden stormed out of his office, slamming the door shut and running to the bathroom.

He locked the cubicle, punching the door and screaming insanely.

"Fuck..." he sobbed, sliding down against the door and grabbing his hair. "I hate you..."

In a matter of seconds, he was becoming light-headed and dizzy as he held his head in pain.

"I could just take the tripto and make it all stop... but- no. No! Gotta resist, Jayden...resist it, please. Fuck, why can't you just resist the fucking drug!?"

---

Jayden shakily walked back into his office, only to find Blake holding one of his files and reading them.

"Blake? What the fuck are you doing?" Norman shouted, snatching the file labelled "Origami Killer Case" out of the older's hands.

"Wanted to see if anything in the explained Ethan's return," Blake replied casually.

"What- for fuck's sake! What's wrong with Ethan paying me a fucking visit?"

"Don't scream at me, bastard," Blake replied, pushing Jayden against the wall.

Norman, being too weak to fight, let out a gasp as he received several kicks to his chest and stomach.

"Fuck, Blake- stop!" he practically screamed, his voice high pitched and cracking.

However, Blake didn't stop, he was enjoying this; a lot.

"What was that, Norman? I can't fucking hear you." Blake responded coldly, still not stopping.

"B-Blake..." Jayden whispered helplessly, trying to keep his breathing somewhat stable. "Blake, stop... damn it, stop!"

"Tell you what, Norman," the older crouched down in front of Norman, grabbing the back if his head and pulling him closer, "...you stop giving me attitude every time I speak to you and I'll think about stopping."

Jayden hissed again, his head starting to hurt a lot worse.

"Please..." he croaked desperately, "fuck, l-let go, Blake,"

"What, are you begging?" Blake almost laughed, "Norman Jayden begs?"

"Carter..." Jayden pleaded one last time before feeling Blake's hand tightening its grip even while the younger almost lost conscious from the dizziness.

Blake threw a punch at Norman who screamed raspily in response. He really wasn't sure why he wasn't dead yet. The pain from his head pulsated through his entire body; his arms feeling the most of it.

Blood ran from his forehead from a wound that fuck knows when Blake put it there. One more hit to the head and Norman gave up trying to hold on; it was getting much too painful.

Jayden was a right mess, that was for sure.

---

"Hey kid," Ethan greeted Shaun who had just come downstairs after waking up.

"Morning, dad," Shaun greeted back, joining his father for breakfast.

"I'm going to be away for a few days or so on a business trip, champ. Jayden will look after you, is that alright? I don't want to leave just as your week off starts, but it's rather important. I'm sorry, Shaun." Ethan explained softly to which Shaun replied with a sad sigh.

"I'll miss you, dad," he said sadly before giving his father a hug.

"I'll miss you too, bud. Behave with Jayden, okay? He'll be here in a few minutes."

"I will!" the younger replied eagerly. Although Shaun would miss Ethan, the thought of spending time with Jayden made him look kept him happy.

---

It was evening by now and Ethan was tired if waiting for Jayden. He was getting sick with worry too.

"Shaun? I'll just go and check up on him in the office, okay? You stay here."

Ethan reached Jayden's office, slowly twisting the door open.

"Jayden?"

A low, strained groan answered him, immediately catching the older's attention. Ethan covered his mouth in shock, not at all having expected the sight which he saw next.

"Jayden, fuck." he murmured, crouching down beside the whimpering frame. "Shit, Norman... you're bleeding. Fuck, who did this to you?"

Jayden groaned again, "Fuck! Shaun, fuck. I'm so sorry, Ethan- I didn't forget I-"

"Jayden, you're, you're basically dying! That's the last thing you need to worry about."

Jayden tried getting up, hissing lowly and trying not to get noticed. "I'm fine, Ethan, see?"

Ethan tutted, helping Jayden to get up. "I'll treat you once we're at mine, okay?"

"I'm fine!"

"Shut up," Ethan said carelessly before picking Jayden up and rushing outside the office.

"Why are you so light, Norm?" the older asked after a moment of silence.

"You've never picked me up before, Ethan, I've always been like this." Jayden laughed softly.

"Sure you have," Ethan scoffed, gently placing Jayden in the passenger seat of his car.

"You can't let Shaun see me like this," the profiler pointed out, looking out of the rain-stained window.

"Guess I'll have to,"

Jayden pressed his head back against the back of his seat, groaning. "You don't need to do this for me."

Ethan threw a quick glance over to the younger. "Are you kidding? You saved my son, Jay."

Jayden kept quiet, sighing in defeat. "Whatever... thanks,"

---

holy shiteu i have some pretty shitty angst planned for this wow

vote and comment pls it'll make me a very happy being ^^