eight

Jayden was finally leaving hospital today and the staff found it appropriate to call Ethan to pick the younger up. Of course, Norman died a little when he heard that but he was getting to go home and so he found it rather selfish to complain about the matter.

Still, Jayden was panicking about how to react when he sees Ethan after that horrendous encounter. He sighed, sitting himself down on the bed and absentmindedly trailing his thumb along the many scars still on his wrist.

The pastel pink cardigan he was wearing hung off of Jayden's immensely bony shoulders, and the skinny jeans he was wearing made his legs looks dangerously thin, like he shouldn't even be able to walk.

A nurse at the door snatched him away from his thoughts as she informed him that Ethan was waiting for him at the reception. Jayden nodded back and faked a smiled, just before the nurse closed the door.

The profiler took one last look at the hospital room to ensure that there was nothing being left behind, before grabbing his bag and putting in one of his earphones; listening to BTS' Seesaw.

Jayden's heart nearly stopped at the sight of Ethan sitting in the waiting lounge. He was alone, no Shaun with him. Made sense, because he wouldn't want his son to be around Jayden, right?

Norman pulled at the soft fabric of his cardigan and wrapped it further around himself. He cursed at his boots for being being so fucking loud that Ethan's head shot up to look at him.

Jayden could have fainted.

Ethan looked much more beautiful than he had last remembered and his appearance overall was a lot neater. His facial expression too, much more positive. Well, than was until he realised it was Jayden.

As Jayden hesitantly stepped closer to the older, Ethan stood up and studied Norman - he looked skinnier, paler, terrified.

Now, Ethan felt bad. He hasn't meant to make Jayden so scared of him. He literally looked like a lost, scared puppy.

---

i'm so sorry i left this for so long :( i love my baby norman. and connor! i'm currently playing detroit become human heheh.
(although norman is the original baby i'll forever stan)

happy new years kiddos!

vote and comment xo

+{not proofread}+