nine

"How-uh, how was the hospital?" Ethan asked, desperately trying to start a conversation.

Great! It was really fucking great!

Norman sighed, deciding against being sarcastic, and looked out of the window to his right.

Ethan figured out that he didn't want to talk - and fair enough - the last time the pair talked they weren't exactly civil.

"Well, just know that I'm sorry, okay?"

Jayden scoffed silently.

Sorry? Sorry!? Wow.

No response from Jayden still.

Ethan sighed and turned back to the road, pulling up along the parking. "Well, we're here. The doctor said you need to stay under some supervision seeing as that attempt almost-"

"It wasn't fucking suicide!" Jayden finally lost it, and then immediately cursed at himself for doing that.

"Jayden, why can't you just-"

"Ethan, you're driving me crazy. Please stop talking so calmly like everything's okay, alright?"

The older did shut up. He didn't want to anger Norman nor make him feel uncomfortable. 

---

Thankfully Jayden didn't burst into tears when Shaun lovingly embraced him nor did he find it hard to talk to the younger. In fact, in a way, he felt a sort of relief. he was relieved that Shaun wasn't angry or upset with him.

It felt weird to be back. The house had a sadder atmosphere - it was dull. Perhaps that was because Jayden was back and the profiler couldn't help but think that he was the reason for the subdued environment. 

Ethan genuinely did feel regretful for how he had behaved with Jayden that day. He didn't know he would hurt him that bad.

---

Jayden was in 'his' room, thoroughly tidying the place up. His eyes lay upon his box of blades that sat untouched under his bed. He brought his hands to and around it and for a moment, staring at them as his eyes started welling up with tears. 

Shortly after, while Norman was still admiring his box, Ethan knocked softly on the door before entering. Norman hastily hid the box, pretending to clean something up.

Now, how was Jayden supposed to hide his fucking tears?

There were no words said between the two and nothing seemed to be happening until Ethan finally gave in and embraced the profiler, feeling his delicate frame making itself apparent.

Norman buried his head in Ethan's soft woolly jumper, attempting to steady his breathing - but to no avail, of course.

"I'm really sorry, Jayden. I didn't mean any of those horrible things I said to you that day. I don't know what happened to me, Jayden. I'm really sorry.,"

Well, was Jayden to not forgive him? No way, he was the biggest loser for Ethan. 

"It's okay," he mumbled quietly, his eyes closed and voice barely audible. "I'm sorry,"

Ethan smiled, stroking the younger's back soothingly. "I'm glad you're safe, Jay. So, so glad,"

---

ugh no one even reads this shit lmao

anyway, whoever does read this crap i lov u and respect you :)

y'all better vote and comment ;3

+{not proofread}+