nine

hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect

chocolate and milk is so much better than milk and champagne—i see it as her sun bruised skin presses against mine, the harsh contrast, the jarring transition—it pleases my eyes in a way that isn't considered harmonious, but nothing about our relationship or whatever it was, is rhythmic anyway. chestnut hair wraps delicately around my fingers and i pull at it in a gentle beckon, her head falling back against my chest and giving me the opportunity to mark her bronze skin with rainclouds of lilac.

she whimpers softly and digs her sharp nails into the sheets, pressing her back closer to my chest and i grip her cheeks in response, roughly pulling her pliant mouth against mine. i breath in sharply when she sinks her teeth into my bottom lip teasingly and the ten day old piercing pinches my mouth in a velvet crudeness, causing me to pull away and squint my eyes at her playful expression.

"hurts, doesn't it lester?" she challenges me with a raise of her eyebrows and a taunting bite of her lips.

her cocky cast disappears once i push her back into the mattress, my fingers curling around her throat faintly, in a way that her hips lift off to press against mine and her breathing quickens just the tiniest bit.

"you were saying something?" i cock my head to the side and loosen my grip on her, a low giggle bubbling out of my mouth once she looks at me with her mouth in a straight line, her lips pouted slightly.

"you're annoying," she comments with a roll of her eyes—the verdant lead colour steals my breath even after weeks of looking at them up close.

"and you're beautiful,"

"shut up," in a blink she clicks a lighter and burns the end of a cigarette, filling her mouth with baneful smoke. i sit in lazy fascination, resting my back against the headboard as i watch her, my fingers finding my lip-ring to toy with it—she was the one who encouraged me to get one done, along with dying my hair the darkest blue.

when she notices my gaze on her she smiles modestly, getting up on her knees and straddling my lap in one swift motion, my hands finding the back of her thighs to pull her seraphic body closer. she presses the bud of the cigarette against my lips and i let the nicotine dance on my tongue for a while before transferring the intoxication to her mouth.

and then she kisses me with fervour and placidity—a vehement fire that sizzles in my chest and a gentle splash of sweet acid to burn it out but make it ache all at once and god—she's breathtaking.

dan howell: people are asking questions and i don't think i can put it off anymore. it's been more than a month, we need to talk.

"fayre?" i mumble in her mouth, tossing my phone to the side in ignorance.

"hm?"

"would you mind being in a video with me?"

--
oUCH

this is the second last chapter btw but there will be a sequel so dw love u pls vote