8. Another Proposal?

Chapter 8

"Why has this happened with me, Dadu?" Arnav seems freshly peeved with the refusal even after an hour of drive on lonely roads.

"We fail to win." The old man reminds him one of his life lessons. "Be a player, man. I was so embarrassed seeing you lose your patience. That's why I winded abruptly before your childish behavior could destroy everything."

"Dadu?" He is more anguished now. Leave the world on one side, will his grandfather misjudge him, too?

"No 'Dadu'. What have I taught you? To get aggrieved or stay persistent?" He demands answer.

"To stay persistent."

"Then? Are you going to behave the same after marriage?" Rahim Meer is indeed dismal at the way his dear grandson acted.

"I am sorry." Knowing no other way, Arnav sincerely makes and apology. "One tear in her eye and I forgot my behavior line. I am really sorry to embarrass you."

His keen observation on her expressions had seized his heart. She was awfully petrifying when Yousaf Hamdani rejected the proposal. Something broke inside her at the words his father and grandfather spoke to refuse the proposal. Trust maybe.

"Does she feel the same for you?" Rahim Meer goes on with his investigation.

"If not then there would not had been tears in her eyes when Uncle Yousaf refused." Arnav shrugs his shoulders while recalling her state.

"The real agony was for her tears, not for the rejection." The older man reaches the correct point, smirking profoundly.

Arnav nods his head in agreement and gets a warm manly smack. "Since childhood she has been coming to me with her share of complaints. Why did you people send me to Italy? She has got too distant now."

"She has grown into a shy and pious girl. She is not a small girl who will run around you, play with you. She has discovered her limits." Dada Jan makes him realize her point of view. She as a grown lady cannot roam around him with no care. Her appearance, her words, her smiles need to be under control.

His heart swells in proud of his choice. Not only she, her assets have grown, too. He bites his cheeks from inside to not get caught by his Dadu. His animalistic desires are only for her.

"Yeah, yeah, keep on thinking impish about her." Mr. Rahim smacks him on head, asking him to drop him home now. His old bones cannot bear the chilly winds anymore. Moreover; his lovely wife must be waiting for him.

Dropping his grandfather at home, he reverses the brand new vehicle and takes the way of club. He needs some shots. Moreover, he needs a thumping noise where his agony will be bottled up.

"But back after an hour." He sternly warns himself before taking the first step inside the dark, intimidating club, hoping to meet some old friend to catch up. He cannot miss his office tomorrow. It has been over a week he is showing high negligence towards his work. God knows how his managing team has been performing in his absence. His business is like his small baby. He does not bear any kind of indifference towards it. His loyalty is being demanded. He can hear his office calling for him for cuddles.

***

Turning and tossing on the lavish bed, she jolts upright from her sleep. She was sleeping straight and thus got scared.

Her heartbeat is running at marathon pace. It feels going out of her ribcage. To have some support, she grips her heart.

Exhausted sleep had hugged her after the lamenting of hours.