20. Arrow of Sorrow

Chapter 20

Taimor enthusiastically traps the couple as soon as they return from a dinner date and successfully leads them towards living area where Meers are gathered for a Kehwa session.

"Khushi, we bothered you to have your consent." Raza initiates the conversation to present honeymoon gift to his children. But Khushi's blunt refusal hurt every person present there.

"I am so –." Realizing her mistake, she attempts for a genuine apology but her voice dies the moment Arnav stands in fury.

Dada Jaan, however, asks him to sit patiently and requests khushi whose face was friendly smiling, "He is crazy after you. Don't pull his leg."

"Did you two fight?" Yasmeen pulls her own son into dock to settle the matter.

"Honestly, mom, I did not do anything." Arnav sincerely clarifies his side.

"We did not fight. I just cannot go."

At her determined reply, he aguishly storms to bedroom, tripping himself in skeptical dust. His manly ego could not digest his wife's refusal to go on a vacation with him.

"Tell us if he has said you something offensive. We will lecture him." Raza asks tenderly, playing his elderly role.

Helpless against the culprit labelling eyes, she softly murmurs her reason and heads off to calm her husband.

***

His nose flares in despair. Several questions on her sincerity have risen in his mind and he seeks logical answers. Everyone has been giving alms to save them from bad eyes. But guess, when misunderstands have to happen, they do.

Arnav lingers his gazes at their wedding portrait and converses with it.

Do you love me?

The agony messes with his smooth breaths. Before he could groan in misery, Khushi storms inside to rectify the wrong impression.

"I don't want to talk." He turns the other way at her attempt to explain things.

"Oh really? Don't pretend with me. I know you want to have your answers." She comes closer enough to caress his back shoulder.

He shakes his head, persistently.

"Arnav, my love, at least you try to understand me. My eyes were aching for sleep and I... sailed in acute pitch." She alleges her mistake to eradicate the tension launching in their relationship. They have been crazily making immense and intense love since their wedding night and she longs to have some genuine break.

"Pitch, eh?" He who was softening at the reminder of her sleepy head, gets hurt again. "Means you were intended to deny after all." He icily states due to his broken trust.

"Why are you making it ego matter, Arnav? God Forbidden, I am not dying. With my finals of last semester in two weeks along submission of thesis, I consider I would be unable to thoroughly enjoy honeymoon with you. And you are thinking God knows what." She pauses to take in a deep calming breath which does not help at all.

"Rot in your perspective, Arnav Raza Meer. I am going to bed." She tosses her exorbitant clutch on sofa, pulls off her velvety pointed shoes and uncaringly crashes on bed disappearing under duvet.

Shaken, he stands still for a few minutes to comprehend the situation. He should have grasped the real picture of her refusal otherwise there lies no benefit in marrying childhood lover.

Khushi growls under duvet as the bitchy heavy attire does not allow her to drowse comfortably. Irritated, she marches to the changing room and does the quickest change of her life and slams the switch board on her way back to the bed.