14 - Wedding Date

Chapter 14

Arnav waves the pen in air to jerk. The damn it has stopped working amidst his signature under the approval file for the shipment of some more tons of almonds and walnuts. Yes, his business includes all about exporting and importing fruits; both fresh and dry. Therefore, there comes no off-season relaxation for him. Apart from this major business domain, he works well with the export business of spices.

Damn!

"Sameer Dada Jaan is coming... Uh, Sameer Dada Jaan is coming." He rants in nervousness and feels utterly weird at his jumpy state.

He is fidgeting with everything from past twenty minutes since he got a call from the old lad about his visit with family towards Meers.

His wedding date would be discussed and settled down today at lunch and he is still in office. Why? Well, unlike some story bosses, he really has work to do. From eight of morning to midday, he has looked out for some important paper work, phone called two foreign clients, dealt with a new client, made an advisory meet with the main staff and also did the final step of interview for the senior assistant to finance manager post. It was necessary to take short five-minute interview of the young, talented lady to clear the official and solid commitments of his company over her mind. Furthermore, he kept texting his fiancée in between. Cheery on cake, he also attended personal calls. Phew! He is such a busy man.

Shaking his head in dismal, he bins the damn pen and picks out another sleek black pen coated in the royal golden stripes to complete his signature. For the casual paper task, his signature's stamp is enough but for the special papers, he has his real-signature in policy. Measures have to be taken when there is a team of rivals out, waiting impatiently for a single chance to demolish your estate of efforts.

As he passes the file to his personal assistant, his mobile vibrates. He goes on with vibration mode more often when he is in the office.

He registers his thumb to open the lock and reads the text of his girl.

"Guess, you would have a surprise at lunch. Home Sweet Home."

His cheeks stark out, mocking at her hint skills. He is already aware about her family's visit in afternoon.

"IKR." He replies with the funny emoji.

"Yeah, Hamdanis towards Meers. There's something more. Try to read between the lines, Mr. Smartpants."

He chortles at her tone. She is such a lady. Rolling eyes to west, he types the reply.

"Gift for me?" Sending the text, he eagerly waits for her responding text while biting his bottom lip. These days he does it often; thinks about her and bites bottom lip unintentionally. Shirt or tie? He begins thinking of what she must be sending for him.

"Well..." He keeps hanging for two minutes at her well and then receives another text from her. "What kind of wrap would you like to open?"

He nearly chokes on the almond he was crushing under molars. He places the mobile on table for a few detailed ticks whilst collecting smoother breaths. The sinful musings of unwrapping the lehenga of his wife at their wedding night have strongly clouded his mind.

"Special taste for today? Umm... Would sophisticated be cool?" He tries to stay stick to the idea that the current time is to get some wrist watch or shirt from her. Nothing else of naughty sort.

She does not give him a rapid reply. Assuming she must be busy or shy, he gets up from his chair and leaves the office. He had already informed his personal assistant and manager to clear the schedule for the rest of the day.