11. Forbidden Endearment

{Just listen to the above song. Their appearance does not at all match with the characters.}

Chapter 11

One thing one learns from history is that no one ever learns anything from history. History repeats itself giving you a chance to rectify the mistakes you committed in past. Despite this chance, horrible actions are repeated. Should not the chance should be availed by refuting to stand with the rotten traditions? The rationale verity should be given more preference than the self-made values. Only Allah's rules and appointed limits are universal and gives no pain to the followers. The man-made rules, wears out eventually. The decades and centuries pass and the rules turn out to be no more applicable. However, the situations where the matter of hearts is at stake should be solved with utter care.

Nonetheless, this unblemished reality lies far-flung from the old mindset of Hamdani men. Even no expectation can be drawn from the deep thinking of younger one – Sadee. It would be utter non-sense to have a hope of his support. He is man with the inherited traits and nature. Why would he think in side of his sister, a girl, in love-matter? By chance, if he does, then still his opinion will be given zero value. When the elders of an Asian family are alive, would the suggestion of a teenager be given any preference? Absolutely not!

"Why can we not let them marry?" Frustrated Sadee asks everyone who are still standing in the living room despite five minutes have been passed since the departure of Meers.

"Sadee, go to your room." Yasmeen scolds him at the instant.

Rolling eyes in disobedience, he huffs. "Not everyone is as obedient as Arnav Bhai." His words made the adamant members of family to look past their arrogance... into the depth of passion. When someone is saying he loves and is also suitable for the alliance then there remains no point for rejection.

"SADAAMM!" Yousaf roars his actual name, hinting the immature boy to stay in limits or better take the leave. His presence stands no importance after all.

On the way, he encounters small feet peeking from the curtain. Totally pissed off over the extreme drama, he holds his baby sister's hand. It was not good for her to stay there. Her innocent brain does not deserve to combat the cruel family discussions.

Sameer Hamdani paces a while on the rug vexing both Yousaf and Yasmeen. In a blink of eye, the internal turmoil hits hard and old figure thumps down on the couch, sensing waves of contraction in his chest. "Baba, you okay?" Yousaf and Yasmeen immediately surrounds the old man.

"167 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 13 Hours, 13 Minutes and 19 Seconds." Sameer Hamdani murmurs, ignoring the cries of his obedient daughter-in-law to servants about the preparation of vehicle to immediately take him hospital.

The mathematical murmuring has left the peeved minds of both Yousaf and Yasmeen in sheer confusion though.

***

Khushi has her heart in mouth since her ears perceived the news of Dada Jaan's unwell state. Incidents happen but they go worse if you are given the 'culprit' impression. She shrugs away the accusations of conscience and intertwines her fingers out of anxiety. All she wants right now is to be assured of her grandfather's life. For this, she has to pray hard to Allah SubhanawataAala. She cannot bear to lose him at this point of her life when she is already at the edge to lose her Arnav.

Her weak figure quivers and she steps back to take the support of wall behind her. "I am sorry, Ya Allah. I won't fight with him again. Please..." She murmurs to herself while managing her lamenting situation which is quite an impossible task right now.