13) The Date

We arrived at school, Jeongyeon dropped us off in front of the school.
"I'm going to park the car" Jeongyeon drove off without us responding.
I walked with Mina to our class, Dahyun sat down first, laying her head on the desk. Tzuyu sat down at her and boys went up to her.
I'm not surprised cause she is the prettiest girl in our school, she even got a reward for it.

Finally me and Mina sat down at our desks, conveniently she was sitting next to me. We all sat on the same row. The bell rang and our teacher came in. I prepared myself to have some boring lessons, I got myself my notebook and started to draw.

The bell rang again, I looked at my drawing and it was a drawing that looked like M-Mina? I must of been thinking about her when I drew.
"Ooh Chae, what did you draw" Dahyun grabbed it from my hands. She looked surprised, is it good?
"Yah, Chaeng this looks like Mina, you're such an artist." She handed it back to me and went outside.
Mina walked up to me and grabbed it, she smiled and blushed.
"Y-you're really good at drawing, you should become an artist" Mina smiled. "Looks exactly like me"
"Hey let's have lunch and go to the park" Tzuyu pushed us outside.
"But don't we have another two lessons" I asked.
"Weren't you listening, we're allowed to leave early" Tzuyu gave me a disappointing stare.
"She was too busy drawing Mina" Dahyun teased me.
"Yah, y-you..." I couldn't be bothered to finish my sentence.

We arrived at the cafeteria and the other members were already there.
Jihyo stood up, "We were thinking that we should have a picnic in the park"
"You guys prepared food?"I asked.
"When Tzuyu told us we started on sandwiches"
"Also you're going to have a date with Mina" Sana whispered.
Tzuyu even told them about that.

We started to walk to the car and I noticed two familiar people.
It was Woozi and Dino.
I ran up to them greeting them with a hug.
"I haven't seen you guys in ages, how have you been" I asked smiling.
"Hey, shortie life has been okay, plus me and Dino are in a group called Seventeen" Woozi smiled back.
Woozi and Dino were my best friends when I first came to this school, we were the 'Shortie team' even though Dino was kind of tall but he joined anyway. I was the shortest of course, but they both moved to the same school. Luckily Jihyo was there to save me.
"Looks like you haven't grown a bit have you smol bean" Dino rubbed my hair.
"Yah, like you could get any taller" I came back.
"Also why are you guys here?"
"We actually came for you, I looked at the past photos of us together and since it's the Summer Holidays maybe we can spend it together" Woozi explained.

I thought about it and it doesn't sound bad.
"Yeah I would love to"
I saw behind me the other members walking up.
"Chaeyoung what's taking so long" Nayeon asked.
I introduced them to Woozi and Dino.
"Ha I remember these two, 'Shortie team' that's what they called them" Dahyun laughed and the others laughed as well except Mina.
"So who are these guys" Dino asked.
"Well I'm in a group called Twice"
The two were shocked.
"Yah, I heard about you guys, wow Chaeng didn't know you were that popular" Woozi smiled.
We waved goodbye and parted our ways.

The members walked back to the van, I was walking with Mina who looked odd.
"Why are you doing that face?" I asked.
"What face, I didn't do any face" Mina kept looking forward.
"Yah, you're jealous aren't you, aww my Pengu is jealous" I teased her.
She blushed and replied back, "Maybe if I was you can't prove it"
"You look cute when you're jealous" I smiled.
Mina looked shocked from what I said.
"Then maybe I should get jealous more often"
We sat in the same places in the van.
Jeongyeon started the car and drove us to the park.

She parked the van in the parking space and we all got out. Jeongyeon ran in front of us holding something in her hand, then Nayeon who was chasing after her and Jihyo who was following behind.
Of course Jeongyeon took her phone again, it's kind of cute seeing them together.
"You guys we should sit there" Tzuyu pointed at a spot under a tree which is shaded from the sun.

Me, Mina and Tzuyu were the first to sit down.
Sana, who was holding the picnic basket, Momo and Dahyun came to the spot. Dahyun placed down the blanket down and we all sat on it.
The three weirdos were still playing around but soon came down to sit down with us.
We already started eating without them.
"Ah, this is so nice" Sana smiled then going back to eat her sandwich.
We all nodded together.
Tzuyu leant closer to me.

"Hey, when are you going to have your date?" She whispered in my ear.
I stopped and thought, "When we're finished, then we'll have a walk around the park"
Tzuyu smiled and nodded.
"Guys, we should take a walk around the park" Tzuyu announced.
I looked at her shocked, knowing she'll do something like this.
"We should" Mina agreed.
"Yah, I haven't finished eating" Momo said while her mouth was stuffed with bread.
The other members rolled their eyes and started walking, Momo held the basket and the blanket.

We walked around and looked at the beautiful environment. The members were way behind me and Mina, I know they're doing this on purpose just to watch us.
I looked back and Tzuyu was giving me a stare, I rolled my eyes and smiled back.
"We should go over there" I pointed to a bench near the pond.
"Shouldn't we wait for the others"
I shook my head and dragged her there.

We sat on the bench looking at the pond. I inched closer to Mina, holding her hand in the process. She seemed quite shocked at first but went with it.
She leant her head on my shoulder and my head on her head.
I could hear the other members whispering which almost killed the mood.
"You know Chaeng, this is the happiest day of my life" Mina spoke.
"As long as you are here, I won't let you go" I said while smiling.

Mina squirmed out of the position we were in.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I-I... ah" she stopped and hesitated, was it something I said?
"You know that... phone call with my parents" she continued, "I um..." she shook her head.
"I-it doesn't matter" she stood and walked back to the entrance to the park.

That was strange, why did Mina bring up her parents phone call and why did she hesitate to tell me?
Somethings wrong.
I have to find out.