Chapter 4

15:20 pm - Home from school

Ebony finally got home from school and boy wasn't she ecstatic to be home. she got into some black leggings and a pink top. She then found some socks. Once she was ready in her room, she went downstairs to pack a small bag with her water bottle in, a snack and her keys. Like normal, she sat on the sofa texting her friends on their group chat whilst she waited for the time to get to 15:40 so she could leave and meet Grace outside a building.

16:00pm - Trampolining

The two girls had gone their locker and put their shoes, coats etc. in it and walked into the gymnasium. They got to the trampoline and jumped into the pit for their race to see who goes first on the trampoline and to also warm their muscles up. Like usual Grace came first place and Ebony got third though sometimes she gets second and rarely first. Once everyone was back at the trampoline everyone had their go to warm up on the trampoline. It was Grace's turn first to continue working on her badge (she was on badge 9). The coach helped her with a skill she was struggling on and also helped her perfect her routine.

It was soon Ebony's turn to go on the trampoline. She went through the skills she was strongest one such as backdrop and swivel hips. She then went to do a front drop when her coach told her to become straighter in order to improve her balance and so that she doesn't travel forward very much. Now knowing about her condition, Ebony felt a bit offended by it though she didn't say anything about it and continued working on her badge (she was badge 7). She suddenly got the sharp prodding pain in her back again so she sat out for the rest of that session.

When Ebony went to sit out,  she began to cry from the pain and being told to become straighter when she physically couldn't. Her coach asked her "whats wrong?"

Ebony didn't reply so Grace replied for her. "she found out yesterday that she has a spinal condition called scoliosis which is a curve of the spine." Instantly their coach went slightly pink in the face and felt really bad for saying what he said so he apologised.

Soon it was the end of the lesson so the two girls went to their locker, had a drink and put their shoes and coats on. They then signed out te gymnasium center and left to go home.