A Happy Man ~ 6

CHAPTER SIX
2ND POV
3-20-18
——————
A/N: Sorry about how late this is, my friends.
——————

   Rain.

   Primus, you despised rain.

   It really depended on how hard it came down though. Today was—most unfortunately—no exception to the heavy, pelting rain that attacked your armor as you ran into a nearby cave. It wasn't very often at all that Nevada received such heavy downpours.

   While sprinting into said nearby cave for shelter, you twisted your ankle as it got stuck in a crack. You fell to the floor before struggling to pull it out and fearfully crawling out of the rain. You let out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding. Leaning against the wall, you brought your ankle closer to your face for a good look. The slightest bit of movement made you wince and think, that is more than just twisted. It seemed your erratic movement had broken it.

   Fortunately, you had your medical kit tucked away in your metallic backpack, just like always. You were prepared, and that made your worries ease away just the slightest bit. A little less weight on your shoulders was enough for you.

   CRACK!

   The sound made you whip your helm up in time to catch the light of the lightning bolt that's struck oh-so-far away. It wasn't the bolt you were worried about though; you were fine as long as you stayed in the cave. The sound came again, and this time, you managed to catch the flash of lightning that accompanied it.

   Thunder. Thunder was what you hated most. You attempted to make yourself smaller out of the bubbling anxiety that wanted to shoot out of you in the form of an agonized scream, as if the loud noise would harm you in some way. You had enough sense to know that a scream would do you no good. Not even the attempts to make yourself shrink away would help you.

   Like what was mentioned long before, you were afraid of loud noises. Thunder was on your top ten of the list of loudest, scariest noises you'd ever heard. You tried to steady your breathing and stop yourself from biting your derma to the point of it bleeding.

   You needed to focus. That's what you told yourself as you opened the medical kit and looked through it. Your processor tried to clear itself up, but it didn't help that, seconds later, a menacing clap of thunder snapped you back into a state of panic. You servos we're now shaking.

   "I need—I need to focus. I need to fix myself," You whispered. You took deep breaths and you wrapped your arms around your legs and rocked your body back and forth. You closed your optics in hopes that it would help. It did only somewhat.

   CRACK! The sky yelled at you. You rocked yourself faster and swiftly forgot about the open kit at your side. Your now wide open optics stared up at the dark, stormy sky where a good view of the stars was now shrouded with angry, dark grey clouds.

You sighed. A feeling of helplessness swelled in your chassis. This was going to be a long night. Hopefully the team didn't get too worried about you.

——————

   A half hour later, you were still in the same, vulnerable position as before. Your faceplates were stained with energon tears, and buried into your legs and your servos were pressed up against your audio receptors in an attempt to block out the sound. It did you some good, taking a bit of weight of your shoulders once again.

   You finally lifted your helm from your legs and rolled it around to rid yourself of the cramp it gave. Suddenly, you noticed something in the sky. A flying figure—a jet of some sort—came flew from the horizon and in your direction. It came closer and grew larger and swept over your hiding place. It was so dark and fast you weren't quite sure if it was a Deception, or an idiot human pilot. The jet soon turned around, with the sound of the turbines rattling in your audios.