I Lay In Tears In Bed ~ 12

CHAPTER TWELVE
2ND POV
5-11-18
——————
A/N: Sorry if there was any confusion about the updates!
——————

Much time went by between this moment and the conversation.

You woke up quite a bit later than you'd anticipated that morning. When you checked your clock, it was around 10 AM. You weren't surprised that you'd slept in late; Ratchet always argued you needed that sort of rest more than him. A statement which you always rolled your optics at. He was such a stubborn sire, your creator had been the same, so no wonder you were so firm with your beliefs.

   You carried out your morning routine. Woke up, polished your armor so you looked presentable, ate your morning energon rations, kissed your sire good morning; he would always smile at that. You assisted him in his work in whatever ways you could while your friends greeted you and carried out their own routines.

   Later in the morning, a beeping sound—similar to the beeping of a heart rate monitor—suddenly came from the monitor. Beep . . . beep . . . beep . . . The screen showed a red dot with an encrypted message on the green screen. You and Ratchet both knew what that meant.

   "What is it?" Bulkhead asked curiously, the sound of metal clanging against the floor as he walked closer.

   "A high-frequency signal with an embedded message," Ratchet answered, glancing over at the mech. You continued to stare at the signal with a 'seriously?' face. Bulkhead stayed silent for a few seconds.

   "Again?" He asked in annoyance.

   "Starscream," You spoke as his picture popped up. You read off of his message, "I have obtained information of extreme interest to you. Bring medical kit." The three of you exchanged glances. Sure enough, you all decided whatever and opened up the ground-bridge to the seeker's location.

   This better be good, you thought grumpily to yourself as you walked through the portal.

   Bulkhead hopped through first, his blaster out, ready to fire if needed. When he confirmed there was no one else there besides a bleeding-out Starscream, the Wrecker yelled, "Clear!"

   Ratchet hopped through next, and helped you through after him. You held the medical kit in your servos. You were immediately overcome with sympathy and need to fix him to his once unharmed self.

   This was what had come over you when you saw Megatron, despite all the death and anguish he caused. You finally understood why you healed the warmonger: it's just how you were, raised and influenced, and unwilling to let the war get to you. To let your creator's death get to you.

   You snapped out of your trance and put on the mask of skepticism your parent held in his face.

   "Make it fast," Your sire demanded. You bit your derma as you glanced around the small, dark cavern you stood in.

   "It would appear that, like myself, Airachnid has gone rogue." Was the eloquently worded answer.

   "What's it to us?!" The doctor beside you asked angrily. Him and Bulkhead stared the backstabbing neutral down with fixed, hateful glares. Your gazed flicked from one to the other and back again.

   "Airachnid plans to retaliate against Me-mankind. I can provide you with her current location."

   "I don't believe you," Your sire growled.

   "Why wouldn't you?" Starscream questioned in disbelief.

   "Why would we?" You interrupted. The statement didn't need much of an explanation.