By My Side ~ 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
2ND POV
6-19-18
——————

Nemesis Prime flew by like a summer breeze.

The aftermath that came with it, such as clearing Optimus' name and rebuilding trust between your team and the government. It all made you so very nervous, that some stupid humans with a copycat model of your best friend, might've ruined all that. Luckily, it was all taken care of because of good ole Agent William Fowler, and you could all sigh in relief.

What happened after that was much different.

Bulkhead somehow found himself stuck on the Nemesis. Starscream apparently cloned himself and attempted to take your—your?—sorry—the warlord's life once again. Of course, it failed. Airachnid also tried and failed as well. The Wrecker was telling you and the humans the tale of how he rendered the warship weak and vulnerable as of that moment.

"But when the Insecticons suddenly backed off, I got inspired by my proximity to the power core and did what I do best!" He slammed his fist into his servo, creating a clashing sound of the metal on metal.

"You trashed Megatron's ride like a rock star in a hotel room!" Miko cheered, holding her hands up in victory. Thankfully, because of the movies you watched with said human, you understood the simile.

"We should hit the Cons right now while they're vulnerable," Arcee states firmly.

"Megatron's warship may be grounded, but let's not forget that we remain vastly outnumbered," Your sire reminded everyone over by the computers and monitors. You stood next to him holding your trusty data pad to your chassis.

"Yeah, especially since he added the Insecticon hive to his ranks recently," You added on to his statement.

"Then maybe it's time for me to call in an air strike," Fowler chimed in, walking to the railing of the walkway from by the kids.

"Or for us to consider more extreme measures, Agent Fowler," Optimus spoke. Moments later, you stood with him and Ratchet, watching the door to one of the most dangerous relics in your possession open up.

"The Spark Extractor?" You gasped as you saw it on its pedestal. You looked up at him anxiously. "Optimus, are you sure?" Ratchet walked forward with him and took it into his servos, while you lurked by the doorway.

"While I am deeply reluctant to deploy a weapon of this caliber, especially one forged by Decepticon hands, this may be our only chance to end the war once and for all," The Prime answered. This time, rather than making the words sound inspiring, his deep voice only scared you.

——————

"Optimus!" Your sire called out as a signal popped up on the monitor above.

"We're detecting a massive energy spike at the Cons' crash site," You explained quickly as you turned to face him. You said the next part in a grave voice, "It seems to be Dark Energon."

Next thing you knew, and you were standing by the monitors, watching with a solemn expression as the medic pulled the lever to activate the ground-bridge. Team Prime headed through the glowing portal. The Agent argues that he would need to come with as a witness to the warmonger's defeat, so your fearless leader did just that, and the bridge closed behind him.

You had caught the optics of your old friend before he left. The Prime was able to see the disappointment in your own, which hurt him deep in his spark to no end. You didn't enjoy nor condone such acts of violence no matter the situation. All Optimus could offer in return was an apology in his optics as he transformed and departed. Ratchet knew this was heavy in your spark and left you alone as you worked, wile he kept in touch with the team.