To Find Somebody ~ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
2ND POV
8-10-18
——————
A/N: what am I doing with my life
——————

   "What is it?!" You asked excitedly, running over to Ratchet's side. The rest of the team quickly gathered around, their attention focused on the medic and the green-colored screens before him. You glared at Wheeljack, sending a silent message to stay where he was before he tried moving anywhere.

   Ratchet's optic ridges pressed downwards as his faceplates scrunched up in concentration.

   "It seems to be another data cylinder. No doubt one we cannot allow to fall into Decepticon hands," he announced matter-of-factory.

   "Nor can we let it end up like the last one," You added, looking over your shoulder to worriedly stare at Miko and Bulkhead. You bit your lip as you allowed the worry and fear to flood through your helm. Memories from the previous adventure flashed through your helm. It'd been yet another instance where the Wrecker had nearly died, and the chance of him surviving was looking slim. Ratchet grunted in response as he went back to work at the monitors.

   "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get it before the Cons do," Arcee demanded impatiently. Bumblebee, who was stuck to her side like glue, beeped in agreement.

   "Can I tag along?" You were surprised Jackie even managed to finish the sentence before you and your sire whipped around angrily. He should have never let the words fly out of his intake with the two of you around.

   "Absolutely not!" The two of you barked (albeit yours a little quieter). He held his servos up to show he'd meant nothing by it, as if either of you would accept that. The two-wheeler snickered under her breath as you turned around.

   "She really is her sire's creation," Arcee muttered in amusement. A smile played on her derma. Bee chuckled. You huffed and crossed your arms while your face flushed in embarrassment. You blushed so easily; it was one of the many things Megatron found utterly adorable about you.

   Go away, you scolded the thought. You didn't like how he slipped into your processor so easily. What gave him the right? It was all very frustrating at this point.

   "We must be more cautious than before, as two of our comrades are currently unfit for battle," Optimus Prime reminded everyone. Bulk and Wheeljack. Ratchet almost never went out in the field, and he wasn't exactly about to do it again.

Suddenly, a new thought popped up inside your helm, one that brought the corners of your intake up, one that—you figured—might take your processor off of things for a while.

   "Hey," you piped up, "could I go? Y'know, since two of our fiercest are 'unfit for battle'?"

   "Absolutely not!" Ratchet responded with the speed of a lightning bolt, not keeping the question up for debate. He'd even whipped around with nothing but fatherly fury on his faceplates. You froze in place between him and Optimus, your voice stuck in your throat.

   Your sire froze as well, realizing what he had just done. Unacceptable, he told himself. Even after Anesthesia died, and you had been cursed with such an easily triggered phobia, he was never able to cool his temper. It wasn't something to be helped, really. As long as the stress of the war and your destroyed home planet ran through him, the doctor wasn't sure he might ever adjust. Ratchet took in a deep breath and prepared himself for the argument that would sure follow.

   "Ratchet." Instead of you, the elderly mech was surprised to find the Autobot leader speaking up. "Due to recent events, and the skill and courage your daughter has shown to have in the field, it would not be unwelcome for her to join us." Everyone else voiced there agreement. Ratchet sighed, knowing he'd already lost, and walked up to you.