I'll Find Somebody ~ 23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
2ND POV
8-12-18
——————
A/N: Nyeh heh heh, I had enough time to make another chapter! It's shorter than I would've liked. Enjoy!
——————

   "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY DAUGHTER?!" Ratchet yelled at the screen.

   After the dreadful situation that's occurred with you and the warlord, Ratchet had been told in base. He had a mental breakdown, a panic attack as the worry and fear of what could happen to you rushed through his helm, terrorizing him. The next day, him and the other Autobots found themselves receiving a call from the 'kidnapper' himself.

   Megatron had thought it best that, after explaining (mostly yelling and arguing) the whole situation to his subordinates. Many of them were mostly confused as to why he was cradling you like a sparkling, why they weren't torturing you for information, and why he said no to that last one. Megatron, with much reluctance, told them what they needed to know: how you two grew together, how you came to enjoy each other's company, and how that all tied in with his new goal.

   "I want to end the war."

   Everyone, of course, was immensely surprised.

   What was so special about the daughter of Ratchet, of all Bots?! How in the Pits were you able to make him go from bloodthirsty to peacemaking? Sure, the mech in question had given the answers, but still!

  Dreadwing was a loyal soldier. He'd follow the ex-gladiator to the ends of time. Whatever choice he made, the second-in-command would follow without question.

   Knockout didn't really care either. As long as his finish remained as perfect as possible, the Decepticon medic wasn't concerned in the slightest.

   Soundwave never cared. He was like Dreadwing, with the whole loyalty thing.

   The Insecticons didn't have a choice. They'd be getting peace whether they liked it or not.

   With all of that out of the way, Megatron found it would be a smart idea to contact your friends and family, to let them know you weren't being used as a bargaining chip or whatever. That led to the chapter's first line of dialogue, something the Decepticon leader was expecting.

"She's currently unconscious in our medbay, receiving the best treatment we can give," the large mech replied calmly. This was not a lie, though the Autobots were justifiably skeptical. Megatron had placed you in the Medbay the previous night and ordered Knockout to bring you back to full health. As much as he wanted to add some foul-mouthed threats to make sure the doctor delivered, he had enough self-control not to.

   "Are we supposed to believe that?" Arcee spat stubbornly.

   "No," Megatron answered, shaking his helm, "and you have every right not to believe me. I can, however, show you proof." He turned to Soundwave and nodded again. Team Prime watched as pictures, as well as a short video of Knockout and some nurse vehicons flashed across the monitor's screen.

   Everyone in base, including the humans (both young and old) raised their eyebrows/optic ridges. Jaws hit the floor. Everyone exchanged bewildered expressions as the slide show went on.

   "What are you planning on using her for?" Ratchet interrogated. He angrily slammed his fists onto the keyboard, not caring if it was damaged. He didn't need it. Not as much as he needed you at the moment. Ratchet continued, "You can't simply expect us—expect me—to take everything you say as gospel!"

   "What do you want, Megatron?" Optimus finally asked. His optics were slimmed, his ridges pressing down on them. The Prime nearly had his mouth guard snap onto his face out of habit.