Twelve

NARRATOR POV

Bex was the worst at keeping secrets. She tells everyone's secrets. She never tried to tell, she was just the worst at keeping things to herself. That's why her relationship with Lana was so obvious, even though they tried to hide it. When she has a secret, you know instantly. So, Hope and Bailiee sat on the hotel bed, contemplating their options, the only thing wrong with every plan they made for keeping it a secret was Bex. They could just keep quiet, make Colin promise, tell Colin they'd agreed it was nothing, anything they could have thought of was shot down. Lana knew, and she told Jen everything, and Colin knew, and he obviously liked Jen.

"We have to just tell them." Bailee sighed. Hope nodded and looked up at the door between Jen's room and hers. They had to do it soon. The party was only ten minutes away and both of them were ready to go. Hope was in her all black dress, which was her favorite so far. Everyone else was in more elaborate dresses, but hen let Hope pick her dress. Her hands were shaky as she finally stood to walk into Jen's room.

"Hey Jen!" She called, her voice steady as she faked calmness. Jen came in a few seconds later, Hope's shoes in her hands.

"Yeah, love?" Jen asked.

"Shut the door. And promise you won't freak out." Hope muttered. They were really doing this.

"Last time you told me not to freak out, I freaked out. I'll promise to try." Jen smiled gently.

"Bailee kissed me." Hope sighed, watching Jen to see her reaction. The older woman threw her fist in the air with a smile. She had one the set-up war.

"Told you, Bex!" She yelled.

"Ugh, Mom!" Hope groaned. Jen seemed to freeze, her smile widening. Hope immediately retreated.

"Sorry." Her hands started sweating.

"Hope, you can call me mom if you want." Jen seemed excited, though she tried to hide it. Hope nodded, but just took her phone off her nightstand and shoes from Jen's hand before rushing into the other room to Lana, who was sitting on the bathroom counter. Hope hopped onto the counter and leaned into Lana. Lana wrapped an arm around Hope's shoulders. She didn't think much of Hope's sudden entrance until the young girl started crying. Hope reverted back to the scared little girl she used to be, getting moved from place to place all the time. She had a permanent home, Why was that so hard to accept? The family. The one that almost kept her. The one that loved her. The Smith family. It haunted her. Lana held Hope tight as the little girl cried. Jen finally came in, after talking with Bailee for a minute or two and saw her little girl in Lana's arms.

"Hey, Hope. It's ok." She whispered, pulling the broken little girl into a hug. Hope let out a shaky breath as her mother held her close. I'm OK. I'm home. Mom has me. Hope told herself over and over.

"I'm OK. I just freaked out a little. Sorry." Hope whispered, pulling away and wiping her tears. Jen shook her head and brushed a tear off of Hope's cheek.

"Hope, you have to tell me what really happened." Jen whispered. Hope knew it was true. She knew she had to open up.

"I had a family once that almost kept me. I called them my 'moms' and everything. They eventually lost their license for some reason and they had to let me go. It just brought back memories. I've had three moms before you, and I'm scared that if I let you be my mom, I'll loose you too." Hope sobbed, letting herself fall apart.

"Hey, Hey. I will always be there for you. And if something happens to you, you have the whole cast looking out for you now. You aren't alone anymore." Jen whispered. Hope nodded against Jen's shoulder and Bailee appeared in the doorway. She froze when she heard Hope's sobs. She didn't know what to do, so she just stood there. Hope calmed down quickly, though part of it was acting. She let Lana fix her makeup before they had to run to the party. When they left the bathroom, Bailee took Hope's hand and they walked hand in hand to the limo. Jen was supposed to enter with Colin, Bex with Lana, Emilie was alone, and the three kids were together. There were a few pictures of both girls kissing Jared's cheeks, one of Jared kissing Hope's cheek, one of Hope kissing his cheek, but the one fans went crazy about, was the only picture of Bailee and Hope alone. Hope was blushing and looking at the ground while Bailee kissed the top of her head. It was the best picture of the whole red carpet. Well, after the one of Bex holding Lana. There were interviews, and Hope laughed when she got to her mother standing with a microphone.

"Jen, what are you doing?" Hope asked, holding back a laugh.

"Interviewing. Let me do it." Jen begged. Hope rolled her eyes and Bailee just laughed. Jared nodded before Hope could protest.

"So, there are people who think there's a possible love triangle going on here. They think that Hope is stuck between Bailee and Jared. Is this true?" Jen asked.

"I think the fans may not have thought that through. I'm not stuck, and I'm also not at all interested in guys." Hope looked up at Bailee. Jared didn't react, he just listened to Bailee speak.

"You know, even if Jared and I both like Hope, we love and respect each other no matter what. If Hope had to choose, whoever she thought would make her happy would make us happy." Bailee explained. Hope's cheeks flushed as Bailee's grip around her waist tightened slightly. They weren't exactly a couple, but they weren't friends.

"Exactly what Bailee said. I love Bailee and if Hope chooses her, then I'll be fine with it. I don't think it's worth starting drama over." Jared added. Jen winked at Hope, who rolled her eyes.

"OK, well, what's my trailer like, for those who have seen it?" Jen asked.

"A disaster." Bailee and Jared said at the same time

"Why would you ask that anyways?" Hope laughed. Jen shrugged and hugged her daughter quickly.

"I don't know. I'm hogging you, and Colin's waiting. Bye, kids." Jen smiled, handing the microphone back to the interviewer. The kids advanced to the next interviewer.

While they were walking, Bailee whispered in Hope's ear, "We should confirm the love triangle."

"We should ask Jared first." Hope replied.

"As me what?" Jared asked.

"Can we confirm the love triangle thing?" Bailee asked. Jared laughed.

"There isn't a triangle. You two like each other, and even if I like Hope, she's gay. You're cute together, though. You should confirm that." Jared smiled. He was right. There really was no triangle. Hope looked at Bailee.

"We can do that." Bailee smirked.

"Confirm what? Are we dating? I'm so confused." Hope placed her hand on Bailee's, which was wrapped around her waist.

"Depends. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Bailee asked. Hope nodded, wanting so bad to lean in and kiss her new girlfriend. Hope kissed her cheek and Jen crashed their little party.