Thirteen

Jen pointed at the couple from behind them and winked at Jared, who just rolled his eyes. He knew that coming from her, relationship advice and set ups were kind of ignored by default. She ignored her feelings most of the time, and when she didn't, she tried her hardest not to act on them. Jen had her walls up. She'd been hurt by Sebastian so bad that she refused to let herself feel for others romantically. Most of the cast ignored her relationship advice because of it. She was probably the most experienced in relationships in the cast, and that was exactly what kept her from men. She'd been hurt too much.

"So, how's it going?" Jen asked. Hope blushed and rolled her eyes.

"It's fine, Jen." She groaned. Jen giggled and kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"Good. Colin's waiting. I should go, behave." Jen nodded to the rest of the little group and joined her friend. Everyone but Jen and Colin saw the slight blush across Jen's cheeks as Colin wrapped an arm around her waist. Colin kissed her cheek for a picture, but Jen's heart was already racing. Hope watched carefully, a smile on her lips.

"Bailee, look!" She whispered, pointing to her mother, who was biting her bottom lip and leaning her head on Colin's shoulder.

"They're oblivious." Bailee laughed. The cast made their way into the building. Jen and Colin didn't separate for awhile, his arms around her waist and her head on his shoulder. Hope was fangirling the whole time, and when they finally went their separate ways, Bex, Bailee, Hope, and Lana teased Jen.

"Oh my gosh, Jen! You like him!" Bex squealed. 

"What? No." Jen lied, her face bright red. 

"You do! That's your lie face!" Bailee gasped.

"Ask him out!" Hope added.

"Not happening, kids." Jen sighed. Lana rolled her eyes at the oblivious blonde.

"You two are the worst at feelings, I swear. Go to him before I get the guys in on it." Lana pushed Jen gently. Hope groaned when her mother just shook her head awkwardly. She took the older woman's hand and dragged her to Colin.

"Colin, Jen, Jen, Colin. Talk and be cute, I give up on you, Jen. You guys are impossible." She teased, them walked over to Jared and Bailee.

"They're so difficult." Jared laughed.

"Tell me about it." Hope deadpanned. She wrapped an arm around Bailee's  waist, an annoyed look on her face. They watched the couple for a bit, hoping they would finally admit that they liked each other. They got something much better. Colin's hand brushed Jen's cheek, making the blonde woman blush as he leaned closer. She leaned forward, lessening the gap between them. They were going slow, as I'd they'd break if they went too fast. Hope bit her lip as Colin glanced at Jen's lips. Bailee crossed her fingers and Jared leaned forward, the anticipation was killing them. Colin closed the gap, and the trio high fived, celebrating Hope's success.

"Hope, what's you do?" Lana gasped from behind them.

"I told them to talk and be cute and that they're impossible." Hope shrugged. 

"The real Emma Swan, guys." Bex joked. "Bringing her mother a happy ending."

"She's brought me mine." Hope smiled. Lana tilted her head.

"What is it?" Bex asked.

"She is." Hope stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You guys are adorable." Lana sighed. Bex rolled her eyes.

"Lana wants to adopt a teen. I don't know." Bex sighed.

"We've been together for longer than I was married. I tried so hard not to love you. I'm not going anywhere. I want to help a boy or girl that doesn't have a family." Lana explained.

"I know, I just think we should slow down a little. We went from an affair to a serious relationships in a week, and we just announced it. I'm not saying never, just not now." Bex sighed.

"If you guys decide to do it now, I know a couple girls from the group home that deserve families more than I do." Hope smiled. Lana kissed her head and the two went off to mingle. Jen and Colin were cuddling across the room, thanks to Hope. Bailee has an arm around Hope's waist, and Lana and Bex were talking, fingers intertwined at a table. Josh approached the group of kids with a smile.

"Some friends my age." He teased. Hope smiled as he sat down next to Jared. He hadn't really gotten to talk to Hope yet.

"Hope, I'm Josh, the most immature." Josh stuck out his hand for her to shake.

"Bex is your competition. I don't know." Hope laughed, accepting the handshake. Josh smiled and nodded.

"Ginny's gonna like you." He smiled. Hope laughed and placed her hand back on Bailee's knee.

"I've been told." She smiled. Bailee rolled her eyes.

"I think you two are gonna get along way too well." She sighed. Jared hlaughed and nodded.

"Shut up." Hope teased.

"I'm so excited to be your stepdaughter!" Bailee squealed.

"I can't believe they found a way to pull that off." Josh smiled.

"I'm gonna be remotely related to Henry, right? Like your step-great-aunt." Hope asked.

"I guess, yeah." Jared nodded.

"I just realized that Colin is your step grandpa and your stepdad. That's awesome!" Hope laughed. Bailee gasped.

"He is! That's really weird. God, I'm a Charmimg." Bailee sighed.

"Whale can just go back to his realm." Josh sighed.

"Jealous, are we, Gramps?" Jared teased.

"Yes." Josh epilepsy. Finally, Jen sat next to Bailee.

"Hi." She sighed. Hope raised an eyebrow at her.

"Anything to report?" She asked. Jen rolled her eyes.

"You weee watching." She crossed her arms.

"I was trying to win this war you started, thanks. Besides, you guys are adorable, and I like winning." Hope smiled. Jen groaned and looked to Josh for help. He shrugged, continuing to talk to Jared.

"You're the worst." Jen sighed.

"You chose me, honey." Hope laughed. Jen shook her head, a laugh escaping her lips.

"You're so lucky I love you." Jen teased. Hope nodded, crossing her arms.

"And we're both lucky I make impulsive decisions." She smirked. Both Jen and Hope burst out laughing, breaking their fake argument. Their impulsiveness was kind of a joke now. It brought them together, brought them closer, and made them a family. 

"Too much, too much. I'm going to go see Lana." Bailee smiled. She kissed Hope's cheek and walked away.

"I've succeeded." Jen teased. Colin kissed Jen's cheek as he sat down next to her. 

"So have I." Bailee smirked. They were a weird family, but a family nonetheless.