Chapter XI

Yuri wakes up on her couch, naked except for her panties, lying next to Natsuki whose panties have been moved aside for the activities that took place earlier. It was Sunday, so she reasoned she could just lay there on the couch as long as she wanted. She nuzzled the back of Natsuki's neck as she slept, accidentally making Natsuki wake up.

"Ah... sorry for waking you up, I just tried to cuddle you..." Yuri says.

"Don't worry about it... mmm..." Natsuki rolls over, clearly still tired.

"I won't disturb you any further..." Yuri says softly, getting up from the couch carefully so as not to disturb Natsuki. She goes upstairs to put on a t-shirt so as to cover herself but also be comfortable. When she went back downstairs, she saw Natsuki as still asleep on the couch. Yuri thought she was adorable like this, covered by her blanket, sleeping there on the couch. Just as she tried to fall asleep again, she failed, and sat up on the couch.

"Well, I'm awake now..." She says.

Yuri looks over at her. "Good morning, Natsuki..." Yuri doesn't quite know what to say after that. To be honest, right now she wants to talk. After all, the issue of Monika was never really resolved. As if reading her mind, Natsuki perks up.

"Do you want to talk?" she asked.

Yuri sighs and nods, walking over to the couch to take her place next to Natsuki.

"Natsuki... are you going to hate Monika now?" She asks. Best to be blunt about it.

Natsuki thinks on it for a while. "I... I don't know. I mean... she kissed you, Yuri... that's not exactly something I can just forget about. It's going to fundamentally change the way I look at her."

Yuri sighs. "I just wish I knew what I could do for her. But, I don't want to take the rather drastic measure of kissing her, or letting her kiss me... I just want her to be happy, and I don't know what to do."

Natsuki sits back, relaxing a little. "I believe that the best thing for her right now is to get over you. I think the sooner she accepts the fact that she'll never get to love you..." Natsuki trails off. "That didn't sound as heartless in my head."

"I understand your point, Natsuki. She'll feel a lot better when she leaves me behind. She's a lovely girl, too, I'm sure she'll find a girlfriend at some point."

Natsuki nods. "Now, I have something I want to ask you about..."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"Hideki."

Yuri shudders at the mention of his name.

"How long has he been teasing you?"

"S-Since the start of our relationship..."

"Yuri, that's over a week!"

"I know, I know..."

"What has he been doing to you?"

"M-Mostly he and his f-friends have been teasing me, calling me names... b-but one time, a few days ago, in the hallway.. he... he... he hit me... really forcefully..."

Natsuki's eyes widened. "That motherfucker... I want to throttle that son of a bitch."

Yuri is flattered by Natsuki's concern over her, but still wants to address the reason she never told Natsuki about him.

"N-Natsuki... I already told you why I didn't tell you abut Hideki before..."

"Yes, you didn't want me to get involved."

"W-Well... It's more like I didn't want him to hurt you as well... I wouldn't be able to bear seeing you like that, and I didn't want to be the one responsible for dragging you into that..."

"Yuri..."

Natsuki tilts Yuri's head to face her.

"I would never let anyone hurt either of us... you're too special to me, and I'm, well... I'm me, aren't I? I wouldn't want harm to fall upon myself."

Yuri smiles before getting up off the couch.

"I suppose this is no way to start a morning. I'll make some breakfast."

Natsuki smiles at Yuri. "Ah, I suppose I should go get on some real clothes, shouldn't I?" She says. Yuri chuckles a little as she notices Natsuki's reaction to the fact that she has no extra clothes.

"Well, I guess I'll just wear what I wore yesterday then..." She says, slipping back into her T-shirt and skirt.

The rest of the day is a pleasant one, though the girls do little. They simply enjoy each other's company. By the day's close, Natsuki realizes she should be going home.

"Goodbye, Natsuki. See you tomorrow."

"Goodbye, Yuri. I love you."

The two exchange a kiss before Natsuki leaves for her home.