FLASHBACK

My feet were hurting but it wasnt like I could stop running, that was basically all I knew.

They were after me, their shoes echoing across the hallway.

Why today of all days? Why now of all times when I wanted to escape from everything and everyone.

I ran in the direction of the entrance but before I could make my way out to freedom, something heavy collided with my back and I stumbled to the ground.

Shit I mumbled and tried to get back up but my head was suddenly stomped on to the ground. I yelled in agony and grit my teeth angrily at the plastic bitch that stood in front of me.

Going somewhere? She asked me and her minions laughed behind her. What was so funny?

"Stupid bitch." She spat at me.

You know, Rachel, for a ten-year-old Im questioning your training if youre such a bitch at this early age. Your parents must be so proud, huh I smirked and asked her.

I watched her smirk fade and she angrily kicked me on the back. I let out a yelp and staggered to get back up. So much for leaving home early to avoid my dad, now all I get it is this bitch wasting my time.

Not to be sadistic but I was kind of enjoying the pain, it was considered nothing comparing it to how Ive suffered in my dads hands anyway. 

Why wasnt anyone in the school yet?

Oh right, it was freaking 4am!

You know, youre quite annoying getting all the attention to yourself with your stupid attention seeking attitude. Siir, the answer is 27, Siiir the mitochondrion is the powerhouse of the cell! Everyone knew that you bitch but Im the only one whos supposed to be smart! Im the brains of the class, youre nothing but shit! She gritted through her teeth and raised her hand to punch me but I blocked her hand and pushed her back.

I knew what she was after, she wanted me to retaliate, to hit back so shed us that as an excuse to get me expelled.

I was better than that. I was going to be the bigger person and walk away.

Listen Rachel, Im sorry if Im not like any of the dweebs behind you, Im sorry if I was gifted with brains and Im sorry if you feel threatened by my presence and my wits but Im not going to lower myself for the likes of you I told her nonchalantly, picked up my bag and turned to leave.

Thats right coward, just leave. You should have died in that accident with the rest of your family

I froze.

My eyes widened and my chest felt heavy all of a sudden. Flashbacks from that night filled my head and I felt anger rise up in my chest. Ro, my brothers voice filled my head, his screams, him calling my name his tone filled with fear.

I couldnt hold it in anymore, I angrily turned to punch her across her face with all the feel of the anger she has caused coursing through me. You stupid bi_

I was suddenly stopped in my tracks as my fist collided with someone elses palm. I heaved uncontrollably and looked up to see the one who had stopped me.

His black hair was messy, his blue eyes stared at me right through my soul and he had a disapproving look on his chubby face. Dont he whispered and the anger that I felt momentarily vanished.

Miss Ross, would you mind explaining what is happening? I suddenly heard a voice across the hallway and we all turned to see the Principal standing there with a furious look on his stern face.

Oh shit I mumbled and heard Rachel snicker behind me.

Mr. Hampbury, it was horrible sir, I dont know what happened she suddenly went crazy when she saw me and tried to attack me. She mentioned something about being jealous of me!! Rachel suddenly said and I bent my head in shame.