CHAPTER * 3

Wise men say only fools rush in…but I can’t help falling in love with you’’

One eye opened as the music filled my ears. I didn’t recall leaving my stereo on throughout the night. In fact, I couldn’t recall anything at all and besides I don’t listen to Elvis Presley.

‘’Lavender?” I whispered as I sniffed the sheets that covered me.

That was when I realized it, I wasn’t home. I bolted upright from the bed and quickly checked if I was still dressed or not.

Well my heels and coat was gone but apart from that I was fully clothed.

Letting out a momentary sigh of relief I glanced around the grey and white room. It had a cool interior design and made me feel like I was filthy rich all of a sudden.

I groaned in pain as I touched my throbbing head. ‘’That’s the last time I’ll ever drink’’ I whispered to myself and slipped out of the bed.

I turned around to look for my phone, looking underneath pillows and under the sheets but it was nowhere to be found.

To be honest I was actually surprised at how calm I was considering I was in a strangers home. Okay well we had had a great time at the bar and all that but he was still a stranger and I had to get out of there quickly before he shows up with a knife and cuts my tiny body into pieces to b sold at the black market.

As soon as I found my phone, I turned to make my exit only to stop right in my tracks as I heard the door open.

“You’re awake, that’s great. And I see you’re already up and running “ He said with a smirk on his face as he eyed the heels in my hand.

In the absence of the loud music and blaring red lights, I could see his face all clearly and damn….he was wearing a white tank top and his muscles were something to gawk at, with the veins strewn over his arm and hand.

He looked straight out of a magazine.
Hopefully I didn’t embarrass myself miserably. I could barely remember anything at all.

“Look, I’m really sorry about last night. I didn’t mean any harm, I was drunk and well……yeah that happened “ I rambled and tried to see if I could read his movements for any danger warnings  but so far I got nothing.

“Stop making it sound like we had sex, I slept on the couch last night and yes as promised you made it to the next morning with your virginity intact and your body parts still as sexy and remarkable as they are,” He said with a mocking smile and walked out the room.

“Did he just call me remarkable and sexy?” I whispered to myself then heard him call out to me to come for breakfast.

I stepped out of the room carefully and I was astounded at the sight in front of me.

I thought the room was the only exquisite thing I’d come across but damn, his house was something straight out of a billionaire mansion.

I slowly followed him to the kitchen and I was suddenly self aware of the fact I hadn’t showered or brushed my teeth.

“You wouldn’t happen to have a new toothbrush or something, would you?” I softly asked him as he gestured me to sit on the seat by the kitchen island.

“I actually do, I’m always prepared you know “ He said and I raised my brow at him questionably.

“So I’m not the first stranger to crash at your place?” I know it wasn’t my business if I was or wasn’t but I was quite curious.

“Would it make you feel special if I told you that you are?” He asked me with a sly look and placed a plate of scrambled eggs, toast and bacon in front of me.