CHAPTER 18

"You guys fucked or something?" Carl asked me as he looked at me with a mischievous look on his face and to think that I had actually missed his presence.

All I wanted to do at that moment was to knock him unconscious and ship him to Timbuktu.

He had started work at F.RAMIREZ INVESTMENTS today and for gossip sake, he had glued his butt to the swivel seat at the other side of my desk. His phone was in one hand scrolling through his feed whilst lending me his ears.

''For the hundredth time, you imbecile, we did not. Now can we change the subject, I can barely concentrate with all your blabbering'' I muttered without sparing him a glance.

I took my attention back to my laptop but to be honest, he was the least of my problems at the moment.

Truth was I was getting incredibly embarrassed at the memory of what transpired between Anthony and I and I was yet to figure out where that foolish bold move came from but for some reason I could barely think straight.

''Why can't we be like those arranged marriage couples that hate each other till death?!" I suddenly exclaimed and Carl stifled a laugh at my sudden exclamation.

I shot him a death glare and his serious look was back once again.

''Sweetheart, you should know that never happens. You two are bound to have some weird sexual attraction! This was predicted even before the start of your love story. Man, Woman,same house. The sexual tension must be wild!'' He spewed nonsense and I rolled my eyes at him.

''Could you be anymore annoying Carl?!This isn't a damn story Carl, this is my life and I don't know what's happening. One time I think I'm alright and I have everything under control, next time I am losing control and crossing dangerous territories''

''Well what makes that territory so dangerous? I mean you are married so humping like rabbits is totally allowed. So what are you scared of?" He tapped on my desk and then gave me a huge grin.

''First of all Carl, humping?! And second that's another reason why I'm terrified, I don't know what this feeling is leading to and I don't know how to stop it. Heck I don't even know what it is to actually find a remedy for it! A-And what about Nicholas?! I did genuinely fancy him so what's all this''

''If you ask me, you're overthinking about all this. Why don't you relax and just go with the flow? Things will fall into place by itself'' He shrugged and leaned back in his seat.

His attention then turned back to his phone as he mumbled incoherently.

I shot him an exasperated look as my head dropped into my palms dramatically. I had never been so confused in my life.

''What if I actually don't like him? What if its just because we're in the same house and I'm kind of curious about a lot of things?" I threw a question at Carl as he scrolled through his phone.

For some reason, he got really interested and placed his phone down on the table, giving me his full attention.

''Curious? About what things exactly?" He asked me with a smirk and I let out a tired sigh.

''You know....sex and stuff....Don't make fun of me! Its not my fault that I hardly had time in college to explore my sexuality"

''So its lust?"

I could feel my face light up a bright red and I quickly shook my head in denial.

''Not reaaally..its just that.....I don't know. Sometimes I get quite concerned about his welfare and at times I find myself thinking about those times where he got too close and instead of getting pissed off about it......I find myself thinking of what would have happened if I actually permitted it''