CHAPTER *5

" You look like shit" He told me as soon as I took my seat opposite of him.

"No shit Sherlock, I was just surprised with my own marriage." I retorted and rubbed my temple tiredly.

To be honest, he didn't look great either. His dark hair was messy and his eyes looked very tired. I guess the shit occurring wasn't affecting just me.

As heirs with such great establishments on our shoulders we both knew we had to uphold the responsibility given to us without question but how I wasn't even permitted to read my contract was disturbing.

But then again, I didn't expect any thing less from my father.

We had agreed to meet today to discuss how we were pulling this shit off and make our boundaries clear to one another.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked me and handed me the menu.

"Nah, I'm broke so I'll go with water" I blurted and handed him back the menu.

He looked taken aback by my response but soon afterwards that familiar amused look was on his face again.

"Do you go round announcing that?" He asked me as he signalled the waiter over.

"Nope, just to my soon to be husband. We both need to know where we're standing financially. I'm dead beat broke and you're fat ass rich, I'm pretty sure you're theory about me being a gold digger works well in this case" I said with a bored look on my face and leaned back in my seat.

"A gold digger who admits it, aint that great " He snickered and made his order known to the waiter.

"Look I didn't even know what I signed was a marriage contract okay? Trust me if I knew, I would've found a way to escape it. I'd have had to run away from Sandburry but it's worth it" I told him and looked around the elegant restaurant we were seated in.

"Is this about Nicholas?" He asked me all of a sudden and I shot him a weird look.

Well he wasn't half wrong but still.....

After the announcement, I was dragged around by my father to meet some other important people and then I got to meet my father-in-law. We spoke for what I felt like was forever with some cheery congratulations being passed on wherever I went.

I received a text from Nicholas in the midst of it all that he had to leave early on an important errand and I couldn't blame him.

He did text me later on at dawn to find out if i got home safe. I felt insanely guilty that my father had to make Anthony drive me back but there was nothing I could do.

"So about Rachel_"

"I'm not breaking up with her" He snapped and my brows scrunched in confusion.

"But_"

"Look, we both don't want this and that's very clear. I don't care how much fun we had at the bar or anything, that was all temporary. I've built my life around Rachel,alright? I can't just let her go" He firmly told me and this was quite a side of him i wasn't familiar with. He looked dead serious.

"So what are going to do? Have you told her at least?"

"Not yet"

"Not yet?!" I scoffed and clapped my hands in disbelief. The waiter soon appeared with two plates of New Mexican flat enchiladas.

" I thought I said I want only_"

He waved my words off, thanked the waiter and started eating already. I guess he was quite tired and hungry.

I started eating as well and it was then I realized that I was starving as well. I was honestly stressed,  from clinging on to a stranger at the bar to ending up getting married to him.