CHAPTER *6

"You don't seem too happy to see me, my dear lovely husband" I teased and dropped my bag on his desk. He looked up at me and gave me a tired look. I recognized that look from the moment we shared at the club and I waved that thought away.

Who'd have known that we'd end up in such a predicament? Two strangers who just wanted to get away from the weight of their separate worlds? Who'd have thought our separate messed up worlds would collide?

"So you wanted to see me?'' I asked him and he told me to have a seat. Taking off his glasses, he rubbed his hands on his face and closed the laptop to give me his full attention.

"Well hello Melissa, I hope you're doing well'' he asked me and I nodded slowly. Thoughts we're running through my head on what to expect. He made it clear that he wasn't going to let go of his girlfriend and who was I to object?

I mean we were all put up to this against our will and the least thing I could do was to accept whatever condition was associated with this bond.

"That's great to hear, please follow me. I'll be leading you to your office.'' He told me and without wasting much time he rose from his seat and held his hand to help me out of mine.

I stared at his hand and slowly gave him mine. His hand was gentle just like the night at the club. I took a deep breathe and prayed for strength and the power to forget the hold that night has on me.

He held the door out for me and with that we stepped out. Compared to my business, he had way more employees rushing up and down, greeting us as they sped off. This was the dream I envisioned for ROSS PIN LMT, for it to thrive once more like it did before.

Anthony led me down the hallway, a few steps away from his office. We stopped at a wooden door and on top of it was my name with the title of CEO right beside it.

A sudden rush of nervousness and anticipation took over me. "This is really happening? My own office right here? Such a bittersweet feeling'' I thought as he turned the door knob.

We stepped into the room and the excited look on my face faltered a bit.

It was a small room, a bit smaller than my office back at ROSS PIN LMT and it was stuffy. There were glass walls with nothing but a desk, a dusty brown sofa and a small bookshelf.

"Great, isn't it?'' he asked me and gave me a fake smile.

"Yeah...its great...yippee....a shelf all to myself'' I told him walking to the shelf and rubbing the dust off with my hand.

"I didn't have much time to get the place cleaned up. You can handle it,right?'' he asked me and I gave him a thumbs up.

It was hitting me now....whatever stupid feeling I was feeling before was being washed off. The reality was hitting me hard and it wasnt pretty.

It wasn't like this man suddenly wanted to make this marriage to work. If anything, he despised me and it was understandable. I didn't earn a thing here and yet here I was, a parasite sucking off on his hard work.

That's a nice conscience to live by.

"So, what's my role here?'' I sucked in a deep breath and asked him.

He leaned on the desk and folded his arms.

"With regards to the information stated in the partnership contract signed, you are to resume the role of the co-CEO of our joined establishment but....'' he trailed off and I gave him a look to continue with what he was hesitating to say.

"Look Melissa, you know your comapny's assets aren't enough to hold a mutual partnership with a company as huge as this one. Your assets barely contributed 30% to the joint funds and we both know how this thing works,'' he finally added and to be honest his words did sting but there was no lie found in there.