CHAPTER 2

Normally I would always start my morning with a nice cold bath to wake me up, take breakfast which is basically two slices of bread, a glass of milk and an apple ( most at times ) and board on the bus with a motivation podcast to start my day.

My day would go on as usual, pick up the mail from Carl, sort them out and gaslight him into helping me finish the rest. Then I'd check the investment rates and keep eye on the stock market and currency rates, then I'd do a bunch of other office work and then head off home once more knowing I had a pretty good day fighting for my life and the company's.

But today was different.

Today was the day I was certain that my father was a secret member of the mafia and had sold me off to some traffickers for s huge sum of money.

''Would you stop thinking of shit?" Carl snapped at me as we made our way out of the office.

It was 8pm already and I couldn't stop thinking of that weird envelope my dad forced me to sign without reading the contents.

''How can I?! He did that serious face he always does and went all Optimus Prime mode 'Sign that document child and don't ask questions'. Even when I wanted to read through he questioned my loyalty to him! Like who does that to their kid!'' I exclaimed and uninterested Carl turned to face me as he hailed a near by cab for himself.

''Oh i see my favorite nepo baby has daddy issues like that's surprising!" He exclaimed sarcastically and went in the cab.

''I'm serious!" I yelled after him and he let out a sigh then faced me.

'' I'm not sure you're dad's gonna sell you or anything, I mean how much money can be made out of you again? Anyway I gotta go, take care of yourself"

Before I could retaliate with insults of my own the cab sped off.

''Stupid Carl'' I muttered and clutched onto my handbag tightly. After this long day it was settled, I needed a damn drink.

"Two shots of tequila please'' I asked with the biggest smile I could muster and made myself comfortable on the swivel seat.

I looked around and I noticed how packed the place was by people with all kinds of skimpy clothing on.

Definitely wasn't a place for someone dressed as official as I was.

I clearly do not remember the last time I ever step foot in a club. I was always busy and when I was finally free for a day or two, Carl brought me out clubbing with Susan, my cousin and they both tried to hook me up with some guys there.

Epic fail.

Soon my glasses were placed in front of me and there I was contemplating if this was a good idea or not. I was so absorbed by my thoughts that I hardly saw a man sit right next to me.

''If you won't have it, I will'' I suddenly heard him say and I turned to face him.

His appearance looked groggy like he hadn't slept in days and I suddenly kind of felt like he needed the drink at that moment more than I did.

''Well I'm willing to share'' I remarked and pushed one glass towards him.

''Thanks...... I've had a shitty day'' I heard him mutter and I raised my glass up for a toast.

''That makes two of us, stranger" I whispered audibly and he clanked his with mine before we both gulped it whole.

I winced in disgust and I heard him chuckle. ''I can tell you don't drink often'' he mocked me and I gave him a very dirty look.